Compulsory Physique Picture in Avatar

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
In some thread recently, I mentioned the idea of twice-a-year mass call-out/check-in, say February and August (every six months) where each member would be invited/encouraged/expected to post a recent photo or video showing that they actually show up at a gym and train a few days a week. (Photo preferred for those with physique-based goals, video for those training for powerlifting/strongman/etc.)

In my opinion (my personal opinion, absolutely not representing “official T-Nation doctrine” or anything), the one thing that should be common ground for every person who signs up for an account on this site is an interest in exercise, more specifically weight training.

However, I’m dead-set positive that there are more than a few forum members racking up high post counts who either simply don’t train on a regular basis or don’t do so with anything that could be called dedicated (or successful) effort, and I find that just baffling. Along the same lines as people choosing to play characters on the forum, rather than talking and behaving like people would offline. There’s having a quirky personality, and then there’s playing a role like this is an old school AOL chatroom.

The personal privacy issue isn’t as solid an excuse as some might hope, because, while I 100% understand the need for online anonymity in certain professions or situations, the simple use of Photoshop-like programs (there are several free online) make it very, very easy to obscure enough to avoid giving away overt identifiers.

For what it’s worth, my current avatar is a snapshot from a video I did this past October, and I’ll be updating with a new/current picture in August.[/quote]
So, yeah, this is happening:

It’d be cool if the people in this thread posted a current pic or vid in that thread. We’ll see.