T Nation

Compulsory Physique Picture in Avatar

Me and Nards have come up with a great idea. We think it should be compulsory that to take part in T-Nation you must have a full body picture of yourself in your avatar.

This is so people can understand who is asking a particular question. It will prevent stupid questions from people who do dont have the physique to have the right to ask that particular question. Does that make sense?

For example a recent member questioned how much 15 minutes of cycling on a bike would effect his legs ability to recover etc etc.

Thoughts?

tweet

Whoa!

Here’s what I said in that thread about Cycling and Catabolism in the Conditioning forum:

I don’t think full-body avatars are necessary (I don’t want that as my girlfriend might see me on T Nation and wonder what the fuck is with men in their underwear all over my monitor) but it’s funny how many times I’ve seen someone talking about how huge they are or how they can’t find pants that fit etc. etc. and they have no photos in their hub.

I actually am a 500 pound silver back gorilla.

Says the guy with no pics in his hub and some other dude as his avatar…

I have some pics in my hub, but only in gym clothes. I’m not putting up any in underwear because I’m just too fat.

But that’s OK because I never try to act like an authority here, just goofing here in GAL and throwing out opinions in the other forums.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Says the guy with no pics in his hub and some other dude as his avatar…[/quote]

HEY YOU"RE RIGHT!

Mr Bird, what’s up with that?

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Says the guy with no pics in his hub and some other dude as his avatar…[/quote]

HEY YOU"RE RIGHT!

Mr Bird, what’s up with that?[/quote]

Well its not compulsory, so I dont have to.

If you want to know what I look like in my underpants I have a old thread in RMP.

tweet

I agree to an extent. If you’re giving anyone advice about anything physique related, you need photos in your hub. Some people have a legitimate reason for setting their hub to private, but a lot of times I think it’s a cop-out for the fact that they’re unwilling to post pics.

(Hey Bird, can we attach a rider to this bill? How about NO FUCKING ANIMAL NOISES in your tagline? No baahs, no neighs, no woofs, no meows, and no fucking tweets whatsoever! Does that work for you?)

[quote]theBird wrote:
Me and Nards have come up with a great idea. We think it should be compulsory that to take part in T-Nation you must have a full body picture of yourself in your avatar.

Thoughts?
tweet[/quote]

Shouldn’t the avatar be notarized?

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

Thoughts?
tweet[/quote]

Shouldn’t the avatar be notarized?
[/quote]

I suppose so.

tweet

Me? I look like a bodybuilder in the offseason…but a bodybuilder from Westeros…where seasons can last years.

does this mean I am authorised to provide nutritional info to newbs?

[quote]Nards wrote:
Me? I look like a bodybuilder in the offseason…but a bodybuilder from Westeros…where seasons can last years.[/quote]

winter is coming.

AND…I agree with Nardsie, I don’t want to open up TN and see a bunch of men in their chonies.

wimmenz, however…they were put on this earth for our pleasure, so I think we should start with them having nekkid pics for avi’s.

just a thought~

I think that the compulsory pics should be necessary if people are trying to give out lifting advice and sound like an authority, but if you are like me who is not advanced enough to be giving out much advice and just read the bodybuilding forums while posting mainly in GAL and PWI then it is not a big deal. Plus, I like my avatar the way it is.

howzaboot this…

if, you have the propensity to dish out lifting/diet advice…

and, you are called out by anyone on these forums…

then, you are required to include a pic of you in your undies in your next post, or suffer the ridicule of your peers.

btw, Dr Matt - splain your Avi.

plunder plunder

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
but if you are like me who is not advanced enough to be giving out much advice and just read the bodybuilding forums while posting mainly in GAL and PWI then it is not a big deal. [/quote]

Thats why they have GAL & PWI here, to keep us non-experts occupied for 5-10 years till we know what we’re talking about.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
I think that the compulsory pics should be necessary if people are trying to give out lifting advice and sound like an authority, but if you are like me who is not advanced enough to be giving out much advice and just read the bodybuilding forums while posting mainly in GAL and PWI then it is not a big deal. Plus, I like my avatar the way it is.[/quote]

I like your avatar too.

It’s like an attention-whoring cube, who wants to stand out amongst its regular cube peers.

[quote]theBird wrote:

This is so people can understand who is asking a particular question. It will prevent stupid questions from people who do dont have the physique to have the right to ask that particular question. Does that make sense?

For example a recent member questioned how much 15 minutes of cycling on a bike would effect his legs ability to recover etc etc.

Thoughts?

tweet[/quote]

I think that’d be a step in the right direction for a bodybuilding web site. However, since that step is in the opposite direction of where this site apparently wants to be, it will not happen.

[quote]Edgy wrote:
howzaboot this…

if, you have the propensity to dish out lifting/diet advice…

and, you are called out by anyone on these forums…

then, you are required to include a pic of you in your undies in your next post, or suffer the ridicule of your peers.

btw, Dr Matt - splain your Avi.

plunder plunder[/quote]

It is a 2 dimensional approximation of a euclidian fourth dimensional cubic analog (called a tesseract). It doesn’t exist in the real world since the fourth dimension is a Minkowski continuum, but I can’t represent that in 2D to make an avatar out of it because the equation of a Minkowski tesseract involves complex variables, plus the euclidian one looks better.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

It is a 2 dimensional approximation of a euclidian fourth dimensional cubic analog (called a tesseract). It doesn’t exist in the real world since the fourth dimension is a Minkowski continuum, but I can’t represent that in 2D to make an avatar out of it because the equation of a Minkowski tesseract involves complex variables, plus the euclidian one looks better.
[/quote]