Compressed Nerve

I have a compressed nerve on the lower left side of my back. I’ve been lifting and ignoring it and now I’m getting some pain shooting down into my left leg. I think it is time to go to the doctor now that I’m sure I’m screwed up (I’m an idiot for waiting this long). Does anyone know what kinds of treatment doctors/chiropractors use for this type of ailment? I’m anxious to get well and get back to the gym. Looks like I’ll have to take off for a while until this heals. Any input would be appreciated. Thx.

It sounds as if you have irratated your sciatic nerve. Go to your doctor and get a referral to an orthodic surgeon who will do x-rays on your spine. More than likely one of the discs in your back is bulging a bit and pushing on the nerve. Don’t do any squats, legs presses at all. And be careful with anything that put downward pressure on the spine. If its bad like my back (I ruptured a disc at age 22, took care of it for 8 years, then blew it some more.) then they’ll give you the option of epidural shots (big need in the spine) or surgery. Good luck.

I had a compressed nerve behind my knee. Now…I had ART and PT for it, which helped. But one thing you MUST do, even if the professionals don’t mention it…is hang your torso and move it around. Hang from an overhead bar (take the compression off of it) and see if you can work it out. Do this several times a day until its resolved, along with whatever other course of action you take.

I figured the only options would be some large ass shot in my back or surgery. I really don’t have the option of taking the time off of work for the surgery. Hopefully the diagnosis tomorrow won’t be as bad as I’m thinking. However you are probably correct…I’m screwed. I have no idea how this happened either. I’ll let you know what the doc says. Thx for the input.

I got a similar problem. Damn it sucks. :frowning: