T Nation

Compounds The Same

2a,17a di methyl etiocholan 3-one, 17b-ol

and 2-alpha-17-alpha-di-methyl-5-alpha-androst-3-one.

Could anyone explain the difference between the two compounds and which one could be assumed to be more effective?

I am pretty ticked that I had decided to purchase EST’s Methyl Vol only to find they are discontinued and I cannot find a vendor for it. People say Testinate 50 and Phera Bol are the same compound, but there structure is different as expressed above in my topic. EST has discontinued Phera Bol as well.

Why the sudden elimination of this compound , hum ?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

because they are steroids. some manufacturers choose to play the name game.

there are many different ways to name such compounds, so they just come up with a more obscure one and it takes the government eons to find out since i don’t think they have a single person who actually can elucidate a structure from the name.

alas, the market still has many wannabe steroids claiming to be legal. here is a clue, if it is a hormone-like structure with hormonal activity, it is illegal.

Bushboy, I do not think your comments were harsh, and I am not worried about the legalities of taking anything. My own well-being is what I want to look out for more than anything else. The reason I have considered pro-hormones is because they are limited in how much they can raise test levels in the body.

Yes, I know there is a level of unknown as far as toxicity goes. If I could find a ratio of testosterone injected to testosterone blood levels, then taking enanthate or cypionate would be my First choice. However I do not want to take 300ml/week of test and my blood levels of test go from my current 441 to near a thousand.

I Am aware of what kind of damage that could bestow on my body. Also, aromitizing issues can occur from that kind of heighted testosterone, and I don’t want to wind up having cardiovascular/heart issues. But Decca/and test are the only anabolics that I know that can put a decent bulk on me.

I know that people “whom are concerned about safety” might consider primo or something like that, but I have worked hard to weigh 225lbs, and I don’t want to loose it to have some “vascular look”. I like the “test-look” better.

The bigger smooth muscles appeal more to me. But my family is something that I have to take care of, thus leaving me no option of taking big risks. So I view pro-hormones as being a good pre-cursor to taking stronger stuff like anabolics/androgenics.

[quote]Jbowling wrote:
Bushboy, I do not think your comments were harsh, and I am not worried about the legalities of taking anything. My own well-being is what I want to look out for more than anything else. The reason I have considered pro-hormones is because they are limited in how much they can raise test levels in the body.

Yes, I know there is a level of unknown as far as toxicity goes. If I could find a ratio of testosterone injected to testosterone blood levels, then taking enanthate or cypionate would be my First choice. However I do not want to take 300ml/week of test and my blood levels of test go from my current 441 to near a thousand.

I Am aware of what kind of damage that could bestow on my body. Also, aromitizing issues can occur from that kind of heighted testosterone, and I don’t want to wind up having cardiovascular/heart issues. But Decca/and test are the only anabolics that I know that can put a decent bulk on me.

I know that people “whom are concerned about safety” might consider primo or something like that, but I have worked hard to weigh 225lbs, and I don’t want to loose it to have some “vascular look”. I like the “test-look” better.

The bigger smooth muscles appeal more to me. But my family is something that I have to take care of, thus leaving me no option of taking big risks. So I view pro-hormones as being a good pre-cursor to taking stronger stuff like anabolics/androgenics.[/quote]

Given your concerns and objectives, a cycle of dbol might be just what you are looking for.

I think you need to take a step back and reeducate yourself on steroids…

How can you take a step back “muscle mike” if you haven’t taken anabolics to begin with? To re-educate myself on steroids would imply that I have already been educated on steroids, which I fully haven’t. If you can’t address my questions, then you must by default not have been fully educated yourself on that matter.

My questions do not require being fully educated anyway, hence it was a question and not a statement. With regards to steroids I do listen to my endocrinologist about that subject, which is their field of knowledge.

Contrary to what you may think Mike, testosterones like enanthate and cypionate do have a propensity to build bigger smoother muscles as opposed to cut, vascular, and defined muscles. So Mike, don’t assume that I know everything or think that I know everything, that is why I post questions-to learn.

Thanks

Given your concerns and objectives, a cycle of dbol might be just what you are looking for.

Like I said before, I am not into taking the biggest risk anabolics have to offer, and Dbol is one of them. Why would you address such a potent steroid to someone who just spent time on a post talking about being precautious and choosing a mild selective anabolic? I agree that Dbol would give the big smooth muscle effect, which is my objective however.

Thanks for the info anyway!

[quote]Jbowling wrote:
Given your concerns and objectives, a cycle of dbol might be just what you are looking for.

Like I said before, I am not into taking the biggest risk anabolics have to offer, and Dbol is one of them. Why would you address such a potent steroid to someone who just spent time on a post talking about being precautious and choosing a mild selective anabolic? I agree that Dbol would give the big smooth muscle effect, which is my objective however.

Thanks for the info anyway![/quote]

Dbol at modest doses is not such a big deal. Stick to 20 mg ED and you will get good results without excessive sides. Get some arimidex to be on the safe side.

The trouble is, your objectives are mutually exclusive. The big smooth muscle effect you talk about is gained from the more androgenic steroids. These in turn have the highest level of sides. Steroids with high anabolic and low androgenic effects tend to give the dry, hard look. You can’t have it both ways!

[quote]Jbowling wrote:
Given your concerns and objectives, a cycle of dbol might be just what you are looking for.

Like I said before, I am not into taking the biggest risk anabolics have to offer, and Dbol is one of them. Why would you address such a potent steroid to someone who just spent time on a post talking about being precautious and choosing a mild selective anabolic? I agree that Dbol would give the big smooth muscle effect, which is my objective however.

Thanks for the info anyway![/quote]

Yo big guy. Hate to inform you, but the shit that’s “legal” now is worse on the liver than Anadrol!! And just so you know, every pro bodybuilder does things like test E and cyp right up to the date of a contest! I got shredded on sust and Test E, so you have alot of learning to do…

[quote]Jbowling wrote:
How can you take a step back “muscle mike” if you haven’t taken anabolics to begin with? To re-educate myself on steroids would imply that I have already been educated on steroids, which I fully haven’t. If you can’t address my questions, then you must by default not have been fully educated yourself on that matter.

My questions do not require being fully educated anyway, hence it was a question and not a statement. With regards to steroids I do listen to my endocrinologist about that subject, which is their field of knowledge.

Contrary to what you may think Mike, testosterones like enanthate and cypionate do have a propensity to build bigger smoother muscles as opposed to cut, vascular, and defined muscles. So Mike, don’t assume that I know everything or think that I know everything, that is why I post questions-to learn.

Thanks[/quote]

Buy a book…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

just a quick comment about the puffed up look while on test. this will happen to some degree with most steroids. i have seen people using 60mg of anavar a day get some bloat (before anyone asks, it was var, have lab tests). the bloat will go away within a couple weeks of finishing leaving only the larger, not so soft muscle.

adex and diet may lessen the bloat, but it will go away as soon as the cycle is complete.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
just a quick comment about the puffed up look while on test. this will happen to some degree with most steroids. i have seen people using 60mg of anavar a day get some bloat (before anyone asks, it was var, have lab tests). the bloat will go away within a couple weeks of finishing leaving only the larger, not so soft muscle.

adex and diet may lessen the bloat, but it will go away as soon as the cycle is complete.[/quote]

Exactly. There are many ways to avoid bloat on ANY steroid. Hell, the first time I witnessed this was, my neighbor was about 6’3", wanted mass, and also my opinion. I said, mass= Anadrol or d-bol.

Well, the bastard ate like crazy, I witnessed his workouts, INTENSE, and the fucker lost 4 lbs. of overall BW, and threw in the towel on the anadrol. We thought he got ripped off, but called the #'s in to a poison control center on the tabs, acting like we found 'em in our son’s room, and the dude says, “Does your son play sports??? Because that’s anadrol!”

In December of this past year, I came off test E and went on 75 mgs anadrol, I lost 10 lbs… Any 'roid can bloat, there are WAY too many other factors to “stereotype” a 'roid as “cutting” or “bulking”.

I’m with bushi! This Halo-gels are some kinda blend of a product, but if ya look at BB’ing mags, there’s about a 6 page ad on the shit… Would’ve sold me 20 years ago! But I would’ve been bitch slapped by my PL’ing stepdad, rightfully so.