T Nation

Compounds for Strength (Not Roids)?


#1

Hello,

First: I am 30 years old, 233 lbs heavy and Im interested primary in bench press.
My current best is 396 pounds raw.
I have done some cycles, got to around 429 Pounds but I seem to not hold on to much after cycle ( last one was Nanodrol, I kept something like 22 pounds strength, hope it stays , as I am just 3 weeks post PCT.

So my question: I have done some reading about Arachidonic Acid, Amentoflavone ( hope I spelled it correct), what are your opinions about these compounds regarding strength gain? And even more interesting does Follistatin sound, but oppinions are radically divided between " horseshit" and pure bliss for strength. I know its hard to come by with good quality and expensive, but anyone some experiences? Or maybe are the big guys here using something else?Any help is appreciated.
TY very much and sorry for the wall of text( and my bad english).
G


#2

A handful of supplements with studies showing an improvement in power output (in no particular order)

Creatine
Caffiene
Arachidonic acid
Spirulina
Theaflavins
Terminalia arjuna
Alpha-GPC
Ashwagandha
Astaxanthin
Ursolic Acid
Eurycoma Longifolia Jack

Also related - muscular endurance supplements:

Beta-Alanine
Creatine
Spirulina

Source for all the above: About 5 mins or so scouring examine.com. Spirulina seems to be the one to watch in my opinion at the moment… although it seems a bit too good to be true for algae!


#3

Ok, nice reply TY, anyone something on Follistatin? I’ ve heard wonders about it, but it also eakens tendons, ligaments, etc, so have have to pretty watch out ( +strength and weaker ligaments=not good).
G


#4

Any opinions on Follistatin? None?


#5

Try alpha GPC. I’d buy it on the regular if I could.


#6

Are you talking about long term strength gains, or short term strength performance boosters?


#7

I’ve never juiced, am 5’10" and weighed 235 lbs and got my raw bench press up to 410 lbs. I can say some things that I swore by were as follows:

Zinc picolinate - increases lutienizing hormone, testosterone precursor

Magnesium - sleep aid/increases free testosterone through lowering of attachment to sex hormone binding globulin

Creatine - replenishes ATP between sets

Vitamin C - lowers cortisol, allowing testosterone production to continue at peak capacity

Ashwagandha (organic) - increases VO2 max, rate of force development, and power output

Whole Eggs - taken at night, the cholesterol in the yolks are the building bocks of testosterone


#8

Half the Biotest line,

beta alanine

good intra workout/amino drink makes a big difference over time

re follistatin…


#9

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
Are you talking about long term strength gains, or short term strength performance boosters? [/quote]

Hello and TY for the answers, long term gains would be ideal.

TY
G


#10

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Half the Biotest line,

beta alanine

good intra workout/amino drink makes a big difference over time

re follistatin…

Yes , I know these vids, BUT , cant really believe that it can be that good, thats why I was asking about opinions on Folli ( I know its expansive , BUT , if its even an 15% increase, NOT 50% as in the vid) , I would call it insane, anyone tried this?
G


[/quote]

#11

Bump


#12

[quote]BigGGG wrote:

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Half the Biotest line,

beta alanine

good intra workout/amino drink makes a big difference over time

re follistatin…

Yes , I know these vids, BUT , cant really believe that it can be that good, thats why I was asking about opinions on Folli ( I know its expansive , BUT , if its even an 15% increase, NOT 50% as in the vid) , I would call it insane, anyone tried this?
G


[/quote]
[/quote]

Unless they were all benching less than two hundred pounds, his math is way off.


#13

Ok, then whats the correct math for folli?? is there some strength gain from it?