T Nation

Complex Carbohydrates Sources

right now i use yams as part of my first whole food pwo meal after my Surge. At college i wont have an oven so… basically i now know im limited in that sense

what does everyone think of uncle bens brown rice that microwaves in 90 seconds. Is this real brown rice or incredibly glycemic since its partially pre-cooked? It says paraboiled brown rice on the back.

i was thinking
brown rice (microwave)
beans
-already will have eaten oats with breakfast
-oatbran at other times in the day
or if anyone has a recipe for cooking yams in the microwave that works too.

[quote]Millerizer130 wrote:
right now i use yams as part of my first whole food pwo meal after my Surge. At college i wont have an oven so… basically i now know im limited in that sense

what does everyone think of uncle bens brown rice that microwaves in 90 seconds. Is this real brown rice or incredibly glycemic since its partially pre-cooked? It says paraboiled brown rice on the back.

i was thinking
brown rice (microwave)
beans
-already will have eaten oats with breakfast
-oatbran at other times in the day
or if anyone has a recipe for cooking yams in the microwave that works too.[/quote]

Fruits, veggies, all your whole grins, barley, Rye etc, a tyam juat ciook taht sucker mash it and dress like a tater, Or can add cinnamon and a little water and a scoop of Matabolic Drive Vanila tatse damn good like a sweet tater pie

Phill

hotplate? crockpot?

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
hotplate? crockpot?[/quote]

how would you cook a yam in a crockpot? you mean as part of a stew?