Completely Random Break Ups, Just Me?

totally agree, this happened with my 2 year girlfriend

Dude, consider yourself lucky if you’re not looking for an actual long term relationship. The exact opposite used to happen to me almost exactly like this:

Up to 1:07. Caution: Easily triggered people should not watch beyond that.

Shit, even my wife, the one I actually wanted a real relationship with, did this to me and I started laughing when she did that part with the crying. Oh boy was she pissed.

1 Like

You don’t seem to be great at reading people - at least initially (no one is). Keep in mind, when most people meet someone for the first time they try to show their “good” face. They’ll tend to say what they think the other person might want to hear. Pay attention to this and you’ll get decent insight into who they think you are and what they think you want to hear.

I’d recommend not dating someone you think has any of the qualities you’re looking for. Date someone who you’re attracted to but may not be who you’d normally date. Step outside the script so to speak.

Or maybe stop dating for a bit and do some things that have interested you but you haven’t had the time to do. I’d imagine your social and professional schedule prevents you from doing some things - forget putting in the time and effort to meet someone for, say, the next 3 months or so and learn a new skill or hobby. Gain a new experience. Learn a new language or some shit. Step outside your routine and comfort zone without the added pressure of dating.

your rules suck, btw. 1.) people tend to be nice at first. They put on their “nice” face for first impressions. Reserve judgement for whether they’re nice until you know them. It takes a while for someone’s complete, complex personalty to shine through.

2.) Loyal. No way you can possibly know whether or not they’re loyal unless you’ve known them for quite some time on an intimate level (no necessarily romantic or sexual, but intimate). Even if they tell you stories, they’re most likely not telling you the whole story. Not to say they’re being dishonest, but most people tend to tell stories that put themselves in a good light - especially at first. See point #1. Think about how you act initially around someone new. I’m sure you don’t tell them every sordid detail of your past romantic encounters do you? No, you tell them the parts you think put you in the best light. Maybe throw in a few benign self deprecating anecdotes to “act humble”.

Get the notion you can know a person has these qualities initially out of your head. There’s no way you can know that barring any deep previous knowledge of their past and personality. No one is that good at reading people. Judging by your current predicament, I’d say you’re pretty terrible at it anyways.

Even if you check out their social media posts before hand the same principle applies. People tend to make posts that paint their selves in a positive light or how they want people to perceive them.

3.) Just because they laugh at your jokes, doesn’t mean they think you’re funny. They can be nervous or polite. Especially at first. I’d be willing to bet you’d like a girl who DOESN’T laugh at your jokes. Shit, I’d find that more interesting than a girl who does, but that’s just me (I like someone who challenges me).

My point is, drop the rules. Definitely keep your standards, but your rules suck; especially since you’re the dumpee. They haven’t gotten you very far, now have they?

Are the women that keep dumping you significantly younger than you by any chance?..cuz, young folks often change their relationships almost as frequently as they change their underwear.

I was at Michael’s with my daughter shopping for art supplies a few Sundays ago and the place was a total smoke show. It was 10AM on a Sunday morning an it was like God scooped up all the hot girls who hadn’t gone out the night before and deposited them among scrapbooking, framing, and beading supplies.

2 Likes

It’s a treasure trove! I had never been to these places until I got married and am still in awe at how many attractive women gather in one place.

Also, going to Macy’s makeup counters and asking for a face wash demonstration is great as well. They will literally clean your face with their special brushes and cleansers for free. They will all gather and talk to you.

The things you wished you knew while single.

Like how to sew a zip onto an old jacket and embroider it. Or is that just me?

Seems like a bit of an oversimplification. My current relationship, 6 years and going strong, startet in the sack on the first night. In my experience, if two people really fit each other, it won’t even really matter if they were looking for a long term relationship or not. In our case, neither of us was. Of course, it might take years and years to find someone you match so well.

Of course it’s an over-simplification!

I was speaking in broad generalities.

1 Like

I worked for a time at Dillard’s in Columbia, South Carolina as a lost prevention associate. I would routinely venture out of the office to flirt with the cute make up counter girls. Dated a couple too…some of them even looked good without their make up haha

1 Like

Don’t listen to these wankers. It’s not you, man. Bitches be crazy.

You hit the nail on the head right there. All the self affirming talk I read in OP’s post leads me to wonder if it’s us he is trying to convince about how great he is, or himself…