COMPLETED PCT from First Cycle

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
That’s fine though because perception is reality so if you feel great, you are great. There is often an exhileration that accompanies starting a cycle. It’s like a venturing into the forbidden garden. Its like you have this secret edge that nobody knows about.
quote]

Well Put, I agree

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
Tonkaboy wrote:
Brook wrote:
Looks good, controlled and effective.

As for diet and goals - there is nothing wrong with them… your goals are your own and you know what works for you.

As long as you re-feed on carbs periodically, and get an insulin spike in after training, i dont see why gains will be sacrificed much.
I mean of course if one eats a massive excess of all macronutrients, they will gain muscle at the highest rate, but also gain larger amounts of fat (drugs/genes depending). I personally am not as strict as you in relation to bodycomposition when gaining, as i want to compete and need as much size as i can get - but i dont believe i need to get above 15% in a bulking stage… as long as the scale climbs steadily for a few weeks, i’m happy - and luckily for me, it does with only a slow creeping rise in bodyfat.

B

That is exactly what I am doing Brook. Pretty much just protein thoughout the day until about the time I hit the gym. 2 scoops of Surge Workout Fuel, 26 capsules of BCAA taken while working out and immediately post workout a shake containing 2 scoops of Surge Recovery, a scoop of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, 20gms Glutamine, 5gms L-Leucine, and 5gms Glycine.

You might want to try the new amino acid pulsing strategy explained in Christian Thibaudeau’s current thread to end of May. It suggests BCAA’s only 30-60 minutes before training and using Casein Hydrolysate protein powder during training and post workout too. CH is predigested so it is absorbed lightening fast. Much faster than Whey ISO. Second best is Whey Hydrolysate (30g recommended vs 20g for casein hydrolysate). I haven’t found a good source for this product yet, but Biotest will be coming out soon with "Anaconda: which will feature it and some complimentary elements.

Also, you say you are eating basically just protein throughout the day until you train. I hope you mean protein and fat (good sources). You need an energy source (carbs or fat). I don’t think you need the glutamine in your PWO shake either. You are already getting carbs from Surge Recovery and 20g of glutamine serves the same purpose - replenishing glycogen stores.[/quote]

I mean protein and fat thoughout the day. Fat source is mainly from 8 capsules of fish oil 3 times a day. I am considering adding 2 teaspoon of olive oil per day. For now I am pretty happy with the progress I am making. I am in the middle of the third week on my cycle. I suspect that the Test E should be kicking-in in full force this week. I regards to body weight measurement, I also decided to take my bodyweight measurement everyday in the morning after showering and taking care of morning business in the bathroom. I will average out my weight on a weekly basis. I think this will give me a better sense of my weekly weight progress.

Wondering how much roid is in your body or the roid left in you body to be absorbed? I found this really cool roid calculator. This might be old news for you guys but here is the link anyways:

www.roidcalc.com/

Week 3 - Week Ending May 31, 2009
Weight: 130.5 lbs (+ 2 lbs.)
Body Fat: 6.4% (-0.5%)

Overall Cycle Stats:
Cycle start date: May 9, 2009
Weight: +4.5 lbs.
Body Fat: -0.8%

Week 3

Other than hurting my back from my workout last Friday, so far so good. I was not able to work out yesterday but felt good enough to hit the gym today. I pinned my left glute last Wednesday, no soreness like the first time I did the left side. It might just be an isolated incident. It’s weird but the HCG shot is actaully more painful than the Test Shot. I mean the needle insertion is a bit more painful, I think it might be because I am not changing needle after drawing the HCG. I thnk the needle get a bit blunted after inserting it through the rubber seal. I am using Slin pins.

I am also weighing my self everyday in the morning and averaging my weight in a weekly basis. I feel that this is best way to gauge my weekly weight progress. …2 pounds of solid muscle gain this week, I could not be more happier. I think that’s it for this week.

The reason HCG injects are painful is probably because you are so lean. It helps to have a little blubber to sink the slin pin into. Don’t fret, being lean is a good thing. With practice and the right technique, you’ll probably avoid any pain.

Thanks Dynamo…my cycle buddy said the same thing. He hardly feels the slin pin but then again he has a little bit more fat than me. My next goal is to learn to pin on my own in the next few weeks…My buddy is going on vacation on the 7th week of my cycle.

I would backload the slin pin with another pin. Those things dull as you found out really easy.

For 1 use a slip pin can usually be used to both draw and inject with little difference between that method and a fresh pin.

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
For 1 use a slip pin can usually be used to both draw and inject with little difference between that method and a fresh pin.[/quote]

I find that one draw out of a multi-use vial with a rubber stopper severely dulls a slin pin. This was very noticible injecting directly into the bicep. You could actually see the tip was ever so slightly bent. Just my experience.

I will probably continue doing what I am doing now and just take it like a MAN. I find that backfilling waste a lot of fluid, I am also probably not doing it right. This is what I do:

1. Draw HCG, a little more than I need.
  2. Pull the plunger off a second empty slin pin.
  3. Push the fluid through the cylinder.
  4. Recap the plunger just enough to hold.
  5. Point needle upwards and plick the cylinder to make fluid go down
  6. Push plunger and plick more to remove bubbles
  7. Push plunger to desired measurements

When I do these the fluid does not go all the way down and end up being squirted out the needle when I push the plunger. I’ve done this twice giving allowance to what could be wasted but I am using way too much fluid to justify the activity.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Like I said it was never an issue for me. I drew and injected with the same slin pin. I pinned abdominal SQ for HCG and I also pinned IM on top of quad painlessly. BBB does the same thing. I think what BenceJones described was an exception.

Just a thought:

1/ Pinning your hcg until day one of PCT (week 11), you may even want to push it to week 12.
2/ @20/20/20/20, you might want to add a week or two.

Cycle looks good.

Sub’ed.

I hope you are right Dynamo. I could have just had a really tough rubber stopper since I only have one experience to speak of. I am going to run some hcg soon so I will try using the same pin.

Hope it works out this time…

(…try not to be too savage with your jabbing :wink:

Week 4 - Week Ending June 07, 2009
Weight: 130.9 lbs (+ 0.4 lbs.)
Body Fat: 6.4% (+/- 0%)

Overall Cycle Stats:
Cycle start date: May 9, 2009
Weight: +5.4 lbs.
Body Fat: -0.8%

Week 4

Week 4

Oh wow! That is one hell of a first 4 weeks mate! Well done, you actually look like you lift heavy now :smiley: