T Nation

Complete Power Look Program 2 Days a Week?

I have been browsing around the articles here on T-nation forum and articles in genrerally.

Maybe I’ve been looking too much and stared myself blind in the jungle of workouts…

But I found the Complete Power Look Program… I’m a big fan of the basic exercises, want to get stronger and ofc. get a little extra on the side bones ( if you know what I mean ).

The program is rather simple, and really easy to understand … the only thing I have been thinking about, is wether it is possible to do it, as a 2-split program?

Squat/Bench
Deadlift/Push Press

or is it simply going to be too much work?

Any particular reason you feel a need to change the program?

well, considering my job and my weekly appointments, I might not always get a 4 days workout in the tank.

So I would - stick to the program when I have the opportunity to do a 4 days workout, and might split it up, when I can see my calendar is filled, so I would hit the gym 2 days… maybe 3 days.

No it’s not doable that way. After one main lift and it’s two assistance drills you will be drained and the quality of the other exercises would suffer.

3 days a week is doable but do not increase the amount of work per session, just roll through the workouts in order…

For example if you have 4 workouts:

DAY 1: Workout 1
DAY 2: OFF
DAY 3: Workout 2
DAY 4: OFF
DAY 5: Workout 3
DAY 6: OFF
DAY 7: OFF

DAY 8: Workout 4
DAY 9: OFF
DAY 10: Workout 1
DAY 11: OFF
DAY 12:Workout 2
DAY 13: OFF
DAY 14: OFF

ETC.

Hey CT; that’s a nice suggestion.When I did that program i got great results, my muscles got stronger than ever. The downside is that mu joints were hurting beyond the expected with such loads and I remained sore some time after I finished it.

Will soon try again the CPLP, but now I will try it with this schedule.

One question regarding your answer (I wil try it that way, but want to know your opinion). Would it be too much if I keep the workouts in order BUT leaving 2 days betwen workouts. Feel that in that way my joints would tolerate it

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the answer!
I’m going to try it next week, when I return from holiday.