Complete Newbie

Hello Guys,

I have just been to the gym for about a week now. I go to the gym three times a week. I do Full body workout for an hour. 15 minutes of cardio- running, cycling and rowing. Then I do chest press, shoulder press, abductor, leg press, bicep curls and lat pulls. I have not started free weights training yet. I have started counting calories and have lost about 3 pounds after a week!! I take whey protein isolate 30g post workout. Someone said that creatine is good too. however, I am not sure if I have to use that at this stage.

Can you please guide me? Should I start doing split sessions or full body workout in the beginning. I have to loose belly fat and gain muscle simultaneously. Just to give you an idea, I am short 5’5’’ and weigh 68 kgs.

Thanks, your help would be greatly appreciated.

I am no expert, but I too needed to lose belly fat. I’ve lost 21 lbs since April 4th of this year by doing 2 very specific things… 1) cut bread completely out of my diet, and 2) I did the Spartacus circuit training (from Men’s Health Magazine) 3 days a week. 12 of the 21 lbs came off in the first 4 weeks. I literally had to turn in and replace all my work uniforms from 36 in waist to a 32 in waist. Again, I’m no expert, but this worked for me.

I gotchu:

2 Likes

So, you’ve worked out a total of three times?

1 Like

While I love this program, it is hard as hell. Maybe not the best program for a guy who has yet to touch a barbell. Baby steps?

1 Like

True. Personally that’s what I started with because my 5/3/1 weights were already so light that my 5x10 at 50% wasn’t that bad.

I don’t think a 5/3/1 alone would be a bad idea either.

Stronglifts and Starting Strength wouldn’t be terrible either

1 Like

Yep, don’t want to throw away dem newbie gainzes.

Yes.

As a total newb try this below for 6-8 weeks then get on a Dan John or Waterbury template, after 3-6 months of those hit up 5/3/1