Competition Prep and Cycle Log

Thank you! Cant wait to see what this cut brings.

SB

Couldn’t put it any better. Hats off!

1 Like

Thank you! Its all about consistency.

Actually started tracking macros today, will be on 2700 calories. 220/330/60, protein/carbs/fat, I can see that I will be struggling to hit that 220 target for protein everyday, I have fully maxed out my meals for today and am hitting 170g. Do you guys think 170g protein at 203lbs is enough?

SB

Menno Henselmans reckons that research by sports scientists doesn’t support the 1 gram of protein per pound of weight guidelines. He says that around 0.8 grams per pound is sufficient.

Meant to say earlier that you look great in the photos.

1 Like

Interesting article. I too think protein is overrated, however his article did refer to natural trainees. And he did mention that guys on AAS could need more, or could utilise more.

And thanks man!

SB

I’ll let more knowledgeable guys come up with exact numbers, etc., so I’ll throw in a less scientific point of view. What if 170g is not enough/ideal, and you should eat 200g? Will you? Can you? If you can, will you enjoy your efforts, or feel miserable? What’s your point with this whole journey? I tend to look at this as a recreational thing for us. Some pain and sacrifice is OK, or even positive for character building and enjoying the benefits of results achieved through hard work, but to suffer endlessly is not sg I’d consider worthwhile.

All down to the person, SIG. The feeling when being up on stage is second to none and makes the sacrifice feel like nothing. Or did for me, I felt proud of reaching my goals and proving to myself that I could slug it out when the going got tough.

1 Like

An interesting take. Thank you. But as liverpool said, the feeling of being on stage knowing you’ve done your all is amazing.

SB

So I’m a bit confused and annoyed today.
Over the last week I have cleaned up my diet and started tracking macros, and today i stepped on the scale and IVE LOST 6KG/13LBS!!!

How is that even possible? How can I lose 13lbs in a week, I haven’t changed anything in terms of drug use or training.

What is this 13lb loss? Water, fat, glycogen or muscle? All of the above?

Extremely demotivated.

SB

Did you cut carbs or sodium intake significantly?

Otherwise, scales are prone to malfunction.

Given the dose you’re on it is highly, HIGHLY unlikely you’ve lost a significant amount of muscle mass.

Does the mirror reflect the loss? I hate it when that happens too especially when I’m bulking to a goal weight. Don’t let it get to you, keep grinding to your goal!

By tracking macros I believe I would have cut carbs quite a bit. And by removing junk food I presume sodium intake would be reduced too. But man, 13lbs is a hell of a lot of weight.

SB

I really dont know if I look smaller. I think because I know my weight has decreased I’m looking for muscle loss. One of my hoodys feels looser, but I’m not sure if its placebo.

SB

I think the weight loss is water and glycogen, could I lose water from my joints because I feel like an old man. My joints are hurting quite a bit and I haven’t actually added in an AI.

I have however bumped my test up to 220mg/wk and my masteron to 200mg/wk, not sure if the masteron could be drying me out combined with the drop in water and sodium from dropping carbs?

@physioLojik how much curcumin do you recommend baring in mind, like yourself, I do have indian food regularly which does include tumeric so do I need to adjust accordingly?

SB

are your scales on a perfectly flat and, importantly, hard floor? My wight goes up and down a lot based on carb and salt intake, maybe ± 6lb between high and low points, but a stone lost in a week, and put back on within 3 days sounds more like dodgy scales than genuine weight fluctuation.

Also are you weighing at the same time each day, morning, post ablutions and pre drinking / eating.

The scales I used were the same throughout, I knew there was an issue with water balance because my joints were aching like hell and I felt real dry.

Now it seems my body has adjusted to the lower carb intake, and by lower carbs I mean 350g.

SB

Wow, thats a huge fluctuation. Only time I’ve ever dropped 13lb water weight was very deliberately, with 1 week zero carb and a water cut for a weigh-in.

Yeah I was surprised. I’m not fully back up the 13lbs, I’m back up 7lbs, I’m hoping the rest was fat and water and this 7lbs is muscle gain from the cycle.

SB

Just thought I’d update this thread.

Just today I have decided to no longer do a show in March, instead to do one in July/August time.

I feel as though I was behind schedule for this one and did not want to do a drastic cut in fear of losing muscle. I’m currently sitting at 198lbs around 12%bf.

I will let the primo clear my system, since its enanthate and I was running close to a gram, it should take 3 or 4 weeks. In that time I will run some anavar as a finisher. Then I will take 8 weeks off and go into another lean bulk, hoping to reach 215ish lbs, transitioning straight into the cut for the show.

SB

Sorry to get off topic, but I was curious about your Primo use. I’ve never used it but wanted to know what you think the lowest effective dose is? I know you like low doses and I was thinking of adding it to my TRT regimen for about 10 weeks.