T Nation

Competition Dieting and Low Libido

Hey guys,

I am currently 10 days out of competition, 5% body fat and only eating 1 pack of oatmeal in the AM (8am) and 6oz of sweet potato in the PM (3pm). My libido for the last 2 weeks has been basically dead!..

Is this normal for pre-comp?..

Thanks in advance!..

Sadly, it’s not uncommon. What’s your fat intake been like the last couple of weeks?

S

Yeah, sex has been the last thing on my mind the past two weeks with two shows back to back – not to mention my NASM-CES exam!

Sweet!..hahaha…

yeah my intake has been like that for 4 weeks now and I’m now in my final week before the competition…BRUTAL!..I swear if there was a room of naked women enjoying eachother and a pizza in the corner, I’d run right through those naked ladies for the pizza!..hahahaha…

Thanks guys!..

Oh, I just realized you asked about fat intake. It’s only a handful of almonds per day and omega 3-6-9 pills 2 times per day!..
Man I can’t wait until the return of my performance!..haha…

It’s not uncommon. I would say out of 15 preps I experienced it the first two or three times. In my fisrt preos, I just cut fat far to drastically. Nowadays I never go below something like 80g of fat, even in the last few weeks (except the deloading/loading week).
This helped a lot.
Another thing I believe helped me - though I can’t prove it - is the addition of vitamin D and E.
I keep red meat in my contest diets until the end, which seems to keep my energy higher.

I eraly times, I just went too low on calories and fats. I prefer having a higher energy turnover in my preps now, i.e. I do much more workouts a week (7-11 compared to 4-5). This way I can keep my calories higher.

One more thing: I feel the nervous system is key in contest prepeartions. Try not to burn out. Try to avoid grinding in your workouts. Try neural recovery workouts.
This might help to keep your libido high as well.

Cheers, Para

Thanks Para!

That was a big help. I mean, it’s my first show…so now I know how I react to certain things…but I’ll keep all of these things in mind!..

Have a great Christmas!..

cheers,
…Paul…

Thanks Para!

That was a big help. I mean, it’s my first show…so now I know how I react to certain things…but I’ll keep all of these things in mind!..

Have a great Christmas!..

cheers,
…Paul…