Competition Diet Feedback

I’ve got all the excuses here, the lighting is not flattering, although in person it looked better, I was awash with water, waited too long after the workout to take the pics, and I was not that pumped or hydrated. Anyways you guys hear this stuff all the time I’m sure. I was not able to find a pic where the striations in the lower back showed up, I even tried taking pics at home by myself too, but sometimes things just don’t workout. The one calf pic shows the striations there ok. In person you can see the beginning of the third row of abs in some poses.

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th kinda see the striations… but not really here

Anyways, that’s how it is.

Let me know what you guys think. I believe at the moment I have 30 lbs to lose, these are pics taken on a cheat day after I sub-optimal conditions for working out, but I woke up at 222 recently.

For got this one, one of the ones I tried at home by myself. It sux, but you can see a line or two in the lower back, so it makes my point.

[quote]tuttle wrote:
Anyways, that’s how it is.

Let me know what you guys think. I believe at the moment I have 30 lbs to lose, these are pics taken on a cheat day after I sub-optimal conditions for working out, but I woke up at 222 recently.[/quote]

You’re a big dude, but I think 30lbs isa very conservative estimate indeed.

Don’t think about that though. Just get yourself shredded and who cares what the scale says?

Keep the thread updated if you don’t mind. We love contest prep threads round these parts

^Agree 100%.

agree as well. Dropping 30 lbs will get you looking great, but it won’t be stage-ready. Still, you’re definitely on the right track.

At this point, you’re carrying too much fat to adequately assess weak points in your physique. You probably won’t be able to do that until you’ve dropped at least 15 more lbs. But I’m definitely following this, and hope to see great progress in the coming months. Contest prep threads are awesome.

I’m in!

Agreed with above posters.

Definitely a little better than I expected, but for sure keep working and toss up some updates as it goes.

[quote]tuttle wrote:
They keep telling me to raise my carbs while I’m on Indigo 3-g. So I need to cut fat.[/quote]
My advice in that thread was actually:
“I think you should gradually increase your total carbs on training days. Start with more pre-training, and then more in other meals on those days. If you need to compensate to keep calories in check (and I’m not sure you do), then reduce the fat intake a bit.”

Like the guys have said, having only liver as your whole food protein source is ridiculous, and probably borderline-dangerous (as far as iron and vitamin A intake).

Just to caveat off Chris and the health aspect of beef liver, it contains a significant amount of cholesterol. Much more than the body needs if your only protein source is liver. There’s a good chance your levels could be out of the norms if you eat only that as your protein. Cholesterol is made and stored in organs like the liver. Some blood work to confirm wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I have a Vitamin A deficiency, so that part does not worry me, and the food is beef liver, so not too worried about the iron.

I still would like an idea of where you guys think I’m at as far as fat loss, because I need to know what my weekly goal should be.

What weight is stage-ready for me?

[quote]tuttle wrote:
I have a Vitamin A deficiency, so that part does not worry me, and the food is beef liver, so not too worried about the iron.

I still would like an idea of where you guys think I’m at as far as fat loss, because I need to know what my weekly goal should be.

What weight is stage-ready for me?[/quote]

seriously dude, the beef liver thing is not a good idea! Like really, it’s not.

As for your other questions, no one can answer that, unfortunately. It’s probably best to assume it’ll be way more than you think it will be.

If you’ve never cut before, prepare to be humbled by how much weight you’ll have to lose. It’s happened to us all.

Did not have time to respond, to the cholesterol stuff, here: A big fat surprise for dietary dogma - The Globe and Mail

you’re recovery may be slow due to low glyc. may I ask why your diet doesn’t include any carbs?