Compact Deadlift Platform?

What kinda carpet we talking? I think IPF platforms use a carpet on em would make for a nice top layer if they are grippy

Are these horse stall mats uber dense for lifting on?

The mats I’m talking about are horse stall mats, so yes they’re very dense. Barely compressible when you walk on it.

Just a cheap, thin, dense carpet, preferably something kind of stiff that won’t get bunched up. A lot of feds use carpet, not just IPF. You could look it up in their rule book to see if they have any sort of specifications.

They sure are, that’s why they sell them as gym mats. Horses are pretty heavy too. At the gym where my last two meets were held the entire floor was the same mats, and that was what we lifted on.

when i look up horse stall mats most of the results are purpose made gym mats lel. I don’t think home gyms are big enough in Australia to warrant the big monopoly hardware store here, Bunnings, to stock em

The hardware stores here didn’t sell them as horse stall mats, they were just marketed as rubber mats but were the exact same thing. They are 3/4 inch thick. If you can find some sold as gym mats that would be fine, it’s better if you can check it out in person to make sure it’s actual heavy duty rubber and not some bullshit.

1 Like

I found you some.

2 Likes