Community Supported Agriculture

T-Men and Women I joined a Community Supported Agricultural Co-Op this year and I told a few folks I would report back how it was going.

I have to say it is going very well so far. We have picked up our “share” for the past two weeks and I am very impressed. The food is great. Very fresh and all organic. It is picked the morning we schedule the pickup and the flavor is really beyond compare.

We had lettuce, dandelion, arugula, chinese radish and mezuka as well as a few types of herbs and two qts. of strawberries. The share feeds a family of 4, or for us about three grocery bags a week.

If anyone is thinking about doing this I highly recommend it. The season will run until November they say so I am looking at 22 plus weeks of produce for one price. I think it will wind up being cheaper then purchasing non organic at the supermarket. The kids are actually trying the different items so that’s also a plus.

[quote]hedo wrote:
T-Men and Women I joined a Community Supported Agricultural Co-Op this year and I told a few folks I would report back how it was going.

I have to say it is going very well so far. We have picked up our “share” for the past two weeks and I am very impressed. The food is great. Very fresh and all organic. It is picked the morning we schedule the pickup and the flavor is really beyond compare.

We had lettuce, dandelion, arugula, chinese radish and mezuka as well as a few types of herbs and two qts. of strawberries. The share feeds a family of 4, or for us about three grocery bags a week.

If anyone is thinking about doing this I highly recommend it. The season will run until November they say so I am looking at 22 plus weeks of produce for one price. I think it will wind up being cheaper then purchasing non organic at the supermarket. The kids are actually trying the different items so that’s also a plus.[/quote]

Sweet! My gf and I are signed up for the second season (August-November). It’s good to hear that you liked it. I’m also looking forward to learning how to cook/prepare all these different veggies and herbs…