Communist Posters

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
.[/quote]

Inasmuch as the first liquid rocket fuel was pure ethyl alcohol, any drink containing alcohol would, indeed, taste like rocket fuel.

And you can thank the Nazis, not the Republicans, for that.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
I would prefer a candidate who asks me to think.[/quote]

lol, exactly.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Evidently we are expected to believe that an Obama administration will result in U.S. warplanes replacing their bombs with flowers. Daisies, not daisy-cutters, I guess.

Now that would be a change. [/quote]

Hey V, I’m lovin’ that M-14 Minuteman Avatar, Bro’…

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

Inasmuch as the first liquid rocket fuel was pure ethyl alcohol, any drink containing alcohol would, indeed, taste like rocket fuel.

And you can thank the Nazis, not the Republicans, for that.[/quote]

From Wikipedia …
Goddard began experimenting with liquid oxygen and liquid-fueled rockets in September 1921, and bench tested the first liquid-fueled engine in November 1923. It had a cylindrical combustion chamber, using impinging jets to mix and atomize liquid oxygen and gasoline.

I don’t know if he is a Republican, but I’m sure he wasn’t a Nazi.

The V-2, produced by real Nazis, used a water-alcohol mixture, but I can’t find the proof.

Here is a recent poster with a similar artwork, but helas, no communists

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Evidently we are expected to believe that an Obama administration will result in U.S. warplanes replacing their bombs with flowers. Daisies, not daisy-cutters, I guess.

Now that would be a change.

Hey V, I’m lovin’ that M-14 Minuteman Avatar, Bro’…

[/quote]

Thanks.

I always thought that the Concord Militiaman ought to have a rifle (rather than a musket) in his hands, and what better than an M14?

The only thing that would further improve that statue would be big red letters carved into it reading MOLON LABE.

[quote]Journeyman wrote:
The V-2, produced by real Nazis, used a water-alcohol mixture, but I can’t find the proof.[/quote]

Yes. Both the V2 missile and the American Redstone missile used as propellant liquid oxygen and a 75% (150 proof) ethyl alcohol-water mixture.

And yes, as you’d probably guess, not all of the fuel made it into the rocket.

The V-2 engineers often held “parties with rocket fuel” using the ethyl alcohol delivered as propellant for the rocket. In common with later rocketry projects, the engineers were under tremendous strain and worked very hard but remained enthusiastic.

http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/v2.htm

In honor of the morons that think white tuxedos are a good way to get past the secret service. I have to admit that communists seem to be better artists than neo-Nazis…

The neo-maverick

This says it all.

Comrade Palin

Comrade McCain