Common Sense, Wherefore Art Thou

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
for the record,

you dont look smart arguing the definition of “wherefore” you look like a chode.

Your avatar is a chode

its my S&C coach/ dad[/quote]

“Hasta la vista, bich” LMAO!

Dude that ain’t your dad.

I have more common sense than most. Today for a warm up I stuck my arm into slow moving traffic and attempted to stop a car by curling it’s bumper. I think we can all agree, that is a valid method of training biceps.

[quote]Da Vinci wrote:
I have more common sense than most. Today for a warm up I stuck my arm into slow moving traffic and attempted to stop a car by curling it’s bumper. I think we can all agree, that is a valid method of training biceps.[/quote]

thats how you warm up? i do the terry crews warm up…

[quote]Kerley wrote:
Da Vinci wrote:
I have more common sense than most. Today for a warm up I stuck my arm into slow moving traffic and attempted to stop a car by curling it’s bumper. I think we can all agree, that is a valid method of training biceps.

thats how you warm up? i do the terry crews warm up…

You too? This will be bigger than Crossfit.

Side note: He used to be WAY bigger than that.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

You too? This will be bigger than Crossfit.

Side note: He used to be WAY bigger than that.[/quote]

better than foam rolling. LOL

Does anyone know what percentage of my bodyweight I’m pulling when I do a pullup? Does it change for an underhand chin?

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/body_weight_dips

he may be smaller but who cares when hes got moves like this…

[quote]Itchy wrote:
Does anyone know what percentage of my bodyweight I’m pulling when I do a pullup? Does it change for an underhand chin?

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/body_weight_dips
[/quote]

At least it’s in the beginners section.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Itchy wrote:

At least it’s in the beginners section.
[/quote]

Point taken.

I’m guessing he had to cut muscle because he was too big for most shows in Hollywood. I mean Hugh Jackman is “most ripped” guy in Hollywood at the moment for crying out loud.

He was big as fuck back in Friday After Next, I don’t know that I’ve seen him much bigger than in that movie.

[quote]red04 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

He was big as fuck back in Friday After Next, I don’t know that I’ve seen him much bigger than in that movie.[/quote]

I don’t even fault him for it though. I am sure he is more well off financially right now than back then. I just hate to see it when people who were that big and doing well in movies lose much of it just to fit this current Hollywood standard.

Michael Clark Duncan lost weight too. I think he is under 250lbs now…which is anorexic for someone who was hitting near 340lbs in DareDevil and made most of his success playing the biggest mutherfucker around.

red04 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

He was big as fuck back in Friday After Next, I don’t know that I’ve seen him much bigger than in that movie.

I don’t even fault him for it though. I am sure he is more well off financially right now than back then. I just hate to see it when people who were that big and doing well in movies lose much of it just to fit this current Hollywood standard.

Michael Clark Duncan lost weight too. I think he is under 250lbs now…which is anorexic for someone who was hitting near 340lbs in DareDevil and made most of his success playing the biggest mutherfucker around.[/quote]

he should get back to the size he was when he acted in the green mile.

Crews is said to star in Mortal Kombat: Devastation as Jax. The man better put on the mass to fill the brotha’s role

[quote]TPreuss wrote:
Common sense is no longer common. Neither is common knowledge or common courtesy.[/quote]

Amen to that!!!

red04 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Michael Clark Duncan lost weight too. I think he is under 250lbs now…which is anorexic for someone who was hitting near 340lbs in DareDevil and made most of his success playing the biggest mutherfucker around.[/quote]

In the latest episodes of Two And A Half Men he has some small parts in a few of the episodes and he seems to have put some size back on. He is pretty tall as well so to be as big as he is, is quite impressive. Can you believe he is over 50 years old? Damn I’d love to look like that now let alone 50.

That’s rich…just rich BWAAHAA

[quote]Itchy wrote:
shutupnlisten wrote:
Actually on common sense, you know the Californian Condor? Driven to the edge of extinction until only 22 were left? Heavy metals in the food chain were the cause because of its effect on reproduction. Well as you can imagine some of the best and brightest censervational biologists in the world worked on the expensive breeding program and reintroduction to the wild. One problem though: after the new condors were released into the wild they failed to reproduce again… BECAUSE THE HEAVY METAL WERE STILL IN THE FOOD CHAIN! Did no-one check?

I think that’s a good example on the absence of common sense, even with the height of academic success.

I wonder, when we can create glow-in-the-dark dogs and fly to outer space and somehow get all that delicous meltiness into a chocolate truffle, why hasn’t someone yet figured out a better way to clear out a pipe with a turd stuck in it than by just trying to slorp it back up with a big suction cup on a stick.[/quote]

One of the biggest problems is that people dont think when they write let alone think at all. A perfect example is the "rate my physique thread " how many times do these guys post a crap upper body pick without even reading the rules.

Like instant oatmeal these creatures want instant biceps. funny how they never ask how to get their legs bigger.

Most of these numbnuts are getting no results purely because they cant stick to progam for even a week , eat 2 meals a day , and belive NO explode will get them huge and ripped. Them when the magic powder doent work they bombard this website with rubbish questions.

ctschneider wrote:
Prof X, you make a good point, but I have a serious problem with this thread nonetheless.

The title sucks.

Why does it suck?

Well first of all, I’m assuming it’s an allusion to the famous line from Romeo & Juliet, “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” But you misspelled “Wherefore.” Strike one.

On to point two. “Wherefore” doesn’t mean “where,” it means “why.” (It’s the interogative analogue to “therefore.”) Strike two. What was it your high school English teacher told you? He told you this: Juliet wasn’t asking where Romeo was. She was asking why the hell Romeo had to be Romeo, and more to the point, why he had to be a Montague. After all, “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose / By any other word would smell as sweet.”

So the title fails on multiple levels, but good points all the same.

Romeo was a closet homosexual and Juliet was a Frisco dyke. The love story was a sham. Unfortunately, Shakespeare died before he could make the sequel to Romeo and Juliet entitled, “Oops, that hole doesn’t satisfy me at all” which was actually a comedy.

Now you know…and knowing is half the battle.[/quote]

I know this doesn’t lend anything to the discussion, but I just have to say that I HIT THE DAMN FLOOR laughing at this.

[quote]juice82 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
red04 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Michael Clark Duncan lost weight too. I think he is under 250lbs now…which is anorexic for someone who was hitting near 340lbs in DareDevil and made most of his success playing the biggest mutherfucker around.

In the latest episodes of Two And A Half Men he has some small parts in a few of the episodes and he seems to have put some size back on. He is pretty tall as well so to be as big as he is, is quite impressive. Can you believe he is over 50 years old? Damn I’d love to look like that now let alone 50.
[/quote]
but compared to what he looked like before he looks nearly scrawny.