Commitment Issues When it Comes to a Program...

For some reason i cant stick to a program for more than 2-3 weeks. i always find myself wanting to switch things up by going from one thing to something completely different. just last week i switched from doing solid, heavy, full body workouts to some crappy split body part routine that resembled a body building routine. I dont know what i want to do. other than look dead sexy for spring break. haha j/k… but not really.

here is a new routine i thought up in organic chemistry last week. tell me what you think…

WORKOUT A

Squat 1 x 6, 6, 4, 4
Bench 1 x 10, 8, 6, 6
BB Row 1 x 10, 8, 6, 6
Dip 3 x 6-8

WORKOUT B

Deadlift 8 x 3
DB Military 1 x 10, 8, 6, 6
Chins 1 x 10, 8, 6, 6
BB Curl 1 x 10, 8, 6, 6

WORKOUT C

Front Squat 1 x 6, 6, 4, 4
Incline Bench 1 x 10, 8, 6, 6
DB Row 1 x 10, 8, 6, 6
Floor Press 3 x 6-8

WORKOUT D

Clean 6 x 4
DB Snatch 3 x 6-8
Chins 6 x 4
DB Swing 4 x 6

P.S.
keep in mind I am trying to shed some serious fat. and dont worry my diet is in check…

I think you have too much time on your hands and you’re bored. Spend your free time jerking off and stick to your fucking program.

Dont eat like shit… do more cardio… stop over thinking your fucking program. I’m not even going to read what you’re going to do… just do it… also, pay attention in class.

You just need to makeup your mind. Quite honestly if you can’t find benefit in any given workout and your constantly switching. Even a nerfed Crossfit routine with bodyweight only would benefit you.

do the program for 12 weeks and tell us what YOU think.

whenever you feel like changing your program…just don’t.
that’ll help you stick with it, it’s not that hard. cmon.

FOCUS! It’s disrespectful to yourself not to pay attention in class. You are more time efficient and intense if you FOCUS on ONE THING at a time. The same goes for bodybuilding. Focus on one program for a long time. Don’t switch it up. To switch it up is for beginners that still don’t know all the basic lifts yet or who don’t know what program to follow or don’t know what their goals are.

Stick to one thing and do it right.

funmetal

[quote]asavage24 wrote:
For some reason i cant stick to a program for more than 2-3 weeks.

[/quote]

Yes you CAN, you just don’t. So change that. Ever heard of a little thing called a self-fulfilling prophesy? That would be you sir.

Man I know what you mean. I used to get bored of programs real quick when I started out. Then I started making changes to some of the variables like rep ranges, exercises, exercise order and rest periods every 3 or 4 weeks and it kept me on my toes.

Give your program a crack for 3 or so weeks then change some of the basics around.

NOT A WHOLE NEW PROGRAM

thanks everyone for all your help and input