T Nation

Comments on My Workout Routine?

First of all- Hi since I’m new here. I have been training for about a year now and have only noticed very small gains in my arms so I currently changed my workout routine. There is no gym near my house so I bought a pair of dumbbells and now only work with them at home.

I am 15yrs old- 5’8.5’’ and 152lbs. My arm size is 12.1’’ and my waist is 29.3’’. I do 30 minutes of sprint intervals every other day and abs every other day as well. My current goal is to increase my sprinting speed and gain overall muscle mass at the same time- like Maurice Green, Dwayne Johnson(idol) or Tyson Gay… Here is my new routine (please give comments):

Monday: free

Tuesday: Legs, Traps, Shoulders

1. Dumbbell Squat
  2. Dumbbell Deadlift
  3. Calf Raise
  4. Dumbbell Shrug
  5. Front Two- Dumbbell Raise
  6. Cuban Press

Wed: Biceps, Triceps

1. Hammer Curls
  2. Seated Dumbbell Curl
  3. Concentration Curls
  4. Dumbbell Extensions
  5. Bench Dips
  6. One Arm Pronated Dumbbell triceps Extension
  7. Lying Dumbell Extension

Thurs: free

Fri: Legs, Back, Forearm

1. Dumbbell Squat
  2. Dumbbell Lunges
  3. Seated Dumbbell Palms-down Wrist Curl
  4. Seated Dumbbell Palms-up Wrist Curl
  5. Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Row With Palms-In
  6. One Arm dumbbell rows

Sat: free

Sun: Chest, Shoulders

1. Incline Dumbbell Flyes
  2. Around the worlds
  3. Incline Dumbbell Press
  4. Dumbbell overhead Press ( standing up )
  5. One-Arm Side Laterals

anyone?

Your routine isn’t good.

too many isolation exercises.

And if you only have some dumbbells (unless they go up to 100+ lbs.) I’m going to guess they aren’t really heavy enough.

Find a new program, dial in your diet, and be consistent.

keep reading here (and elsewhere) and educate yourself.

Can you use the gym at your school? 25 lb dumbbells are not going to take you far.

You’ve got 8 exercises for your arms, but only 2 for your upper back? 2 or 3 chest exercises? And you spend a whole day working on your arms? Not to be a jerk, but if you are going to do a split system, do one that makes sense. A push/pull routine works better than what you have going on.

If you can’t use the gym at school, get you a set of olympic weights, with dumbbells, and a bunch of 10 pound plates to stick on the dumbbells. That will give you the option to add or remove weight as needed. Good luck.

Jim