Comments on My Training Routine?

I developed the routine below as a way to lift safely (I am early 40s, and constantly getting minor injuries, especially to shoulders and back). It’s been working so far (with regards to shoulder and back health), but what are your thoughts regarding gains? I am 5’11, 180 lbs, completely natural, great shape, but not beastly looking obviously. Just looking to put on another 10 lbs of muscles safely. # of reps for each set in brackets. Thanks!

Tuesday (upper body push)

Ring weighted push-ups, feet elevated (10/8/6)
Ring weighted Dips (10/8/6)
DB overhead presses (10/8/6)
DB floor presses, close-grip (10/8/6)

Thursday (upper body pull)

BB chin-ups (10/8/6) - eventually will add weight (focusing on perfecting form)
BB inverted rows (10/8/6) - eventually will add weight (focusing on perfecting form)
BB deadlifts, with full stop at bottom (5)
DB rear delt rows (10/8/6)

Sunday (legs/core)

BB Zercher squats (10/8/6)
BB Reverse lunges (10/8/6)
Weighted wall marches (10/8/6)

Days in between: short HIIT or kickboxing workouts.

What are “BB chin-ups,” “BB inverted rows” and “weighted wall marches”?

I assume Bar bell

Me too–but then what is a ‘barbell chin-up’?

My suspicion is he meant to write BW (bodyweight) rather than BB.

yeah i would guess the same

BB chin-ups: barbell chin-ups…just simply a chin-up using the barbell on a rack.

BB inverted rows: same idea, except I am doing an inverted row (feet up on a bench, pulling myself up in a rowing motion)

weighted wall march: this is more obscure…elbows on a bench or plyo box, feet pressing against the wall, then bring a knee down, then repeat. I tried for the first time this week with a weighted vest. Has some potential if enough weight is used.

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:
What are “BB chin-ups,” “BB inverted rows” and “weighted wall marches”?[/quote]

[quote]MarcF wrote:
I developed the routine below as a way to lift safely (I am early 40s, and constantly getting minor injuries, especially to shoulders and back). It’s been working so far (with regards to shoulder and back health), but what are your thoughts regarding gains? I am 5’11, 180 lbs, completely natural, great shape, but not beastly looking obviously. Just looking to put on another 10 lbs of muscles safely. # of reps for each set in brackets. Thanks!

BB inverted rows (10/8/6) - eventually will add weight (focusing on perfecting form)

Sunday (legs/core)

[/quote]

Is this a program you have been running successfully (= making strength gains and seeing positive physique changes without incurring/aggravating injuries), or something you are contemplating doing?

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:

[quote]MarcF wrote:

Sunday (legs/core)

[/quote]

Is this a program you have been running successfully (= making strength gains and seeing positive physique changes without incurring/aggravating injuries), or something you are contemplating doing?
[/quote]

Just started two weeks ago and noticed right away that pain in shoulders disappeared on the pushing exercises. I’m just worried about losing strength/muscle mass, especially with regards to ring exercises. That, and low overall volume (I find I recover much better with this than doing far more sets). I guess what I’m asking is “is this enough?” Does anybody else train with low volume like this and still see gains? Anyone with experience on rings for pushing exercises?