Comments On My Plan

Sup dudes…
I was really stressin a couple weeks ago on what to do in order to get bigger. I am 6’1 162 lbs (up two lbs from a couple weeks back) I didnt have a clue what routine to follow and i wasnt eating as much as i should have been to bulk.

So i conjured up a workout routine to follow and stick to it no matter what for a little while to see what happens… and the workout is this: Workout 4 times a week with a day off in between every workout.

Day 1 : *Flat Bench Press supersetted with Bent Over Row on 10x3 or 4 set/rep scheme
(Waterbury’s method)
*Deadlifts supersetted with DB shoulder press in a 4x6 set/rep scheme
*Squats supersetted with Chin-Ups in a 4x6 set/rep scheme
Then do some barbell lunges, 4 sets 6 on dips, and some ab work

Workout Day 2 is the same workout but i Use the 10x3 set/rep scheme on Squats and chins, and 4x6 on everything else

Workout Day 3 the 10x3 or 4 is used on the Deads and Shoulder Press and then the rest is 4x6

Then its back to 10x3 on Bench and so on and so forth

I do 20 mins of HIIT twice a week and take one day of rest.

My Diet:
Workout days
Breakfast: Cup of Oatmeal, cup of plain fat-free yogurt, big scoop of protein powder

Pre-Workout: 2 cups Fat-free milk with some added kool-aid mix
During Workout: Scoop of WPI and Kool-aid powder mixed with water
Post-Workout: Giant scoop WPI and Kool-aid powder mixed with water
*all the drinks have a 2 to 1 carb to protein ratio

Meal about an hour after my PWO
1.5 cups fat free yogurt, 50 grams oatmeal, cup of cottage cheese and some added Whey/Casein

Meal about 3 hours after workout
1 cup fat free yogurt, 50 grams oatmeal, egg white omelet

Meal # 4
Turkey Burger, large bowl of mixed veggies, boiled egg, bag of mixed nuts and two fish oil caps
I also have a can of sardines during the later part of the day too.

Meal #5
Cup of cottage cheese, 2.5 tbsp of Natty peanut butter, small scoop of whey/casein blend, boiled egg and two fish oil caps

Meal # 6
3/4 cup cottage cheese, 50 grams peanut butter, half a scoop of casein, small scoop of whey, and 1 serving liquid egg whites mixed all up and it makes like a pudding… yummy

3700 calories on workout days

Off Days
Meal 1
60 grams oatmeal, apple, half a scoop of whey, 4 tbsp wheat germ, egg white omelet
and half a cup of Cottage cheese
Meal 2
1/2 cup of oatmeal, small can of tuna, small scoop of whey, and 3 boiled eggs(whites only)

Meal 3
Turkey Burger, big bowl of mixed veggies, boiled egg, bag of mixed nuts, 1/2 can of tuna, 2 oil caps
Meal 4
Sardines, small can of tuna, ounce of almonds, half ounce of peanuts and two oil caps

Meal 5
Same as Meal # 5 on w/o days

Meal 6
Same as Meal # 6 on w/o days

I add a recovery drink in on my off from lifting days if i do HIIT. Whey and Kool-aid

Is there anything that i am missing out on as far as training goes. What would you guys change about the workourt and/or eating plan? Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys

J.P

you need more fruits and veggies in your diet

Id say make two different days one with sqauts and one DL’s both are to damn BIG to do in one day and give them the attention they deserve same with the chins and rows bench and OH press. Split them add some accesory moves and then your golden

Diet fruits and veggies are damn good for you.

thanks for the response guys

well… I will make an effort to get more fruits in and what about the veggies… i usually take a bag of frozen ones and steam them so should i like eat two bags instead of just one… i mean i got a big appetite and i know i could do it… but i worry about the whole Protein+Fat meals and having any type of carbs in them… should i even worry about that?

thanks

J.P.

[quote]BeBig828 wrote:
thanks for the response guys

well… I will make an effort to get more fruits in and what about the veggies… i usually take a bag of frozen ones and steam them so should i like eat two bags instead of just one… i mean i got a big appetite and i know i could do it… but i worry about the whole Protein+Fat meals and having any type of carbs in them… should i even worry about that?

thanks

J.P.[/quote]

No. Don’t worry about the carbs from vegetables. Most vegetables are very low in carbs anyways.