Comments on My Clean Bulk

hi i just turned 18. so ive been lifting for a good 7 months and when i started i made my initial newbie gains got up to 160lbs then my gains slowly died down. about two months ago i started reading about diet and nutrition and went overboard eating as clean as a babys bottom. i lost 10 lbs and im now at 150lbs. 3 weeks ago i decided to try and bulk as cleanly as possible while not counting cals. my diet has been basically this:

7:00am- 1 cup oatmeal(dry),apple,3 eggs(1white 2 whole)scoop of whey, 1 Flameout, couple of almonds

9:50am-1 cup whole milk

1:00pm- chicken,tuna,sardines,salmon,eggs(1 off the list)a lot of black beans or 2 sweet potatoes, half of a large red onion, tbs natty peanut butter

3:00pm-some form of protein from above list,veggie, beans or sweetpotatoes, few almonds

prewo6:00pm-some form of protein rom above list,beans or sweetpotatoes, mabe some veg,

postwo shake 8:00pm-scoop of whey,5g creatine, 1 bannana

8:30-9:00pm-whatever my mom fixes(always has a ton of cals), 1 Flameout

then if im feeling like i need it ill eat cottage cheese and peanut butter before bed

i dont really measure often just eat until i feel like ive eaten enough cals

btw the times that im eating are only like this because of school

a simple way to get more calories in is to add carbs to your pwo shake.

Olive oil in your shakes too ups the cals…

I see no point in going in to this kind of detail with your diet when you only weigh 150 lbs. IMO it will get you nowhere really fast. Eat cheeseburgers, pizza, drink whole milk etc.

Looks like you have almost no carbs in your diet. An apple, 1 banana, and “maybe” 2 sweet potatoes. You won’t be gaining much weight on a low carb diet my friend.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I see no point in going in to this kind of detail with your diet when you only weigh 150 lbs. IMO it will get you nowhere really fast. Eat cheeseburgers, pizza, drink whole milk etc.

Looks like you have almost no carbs in your diet. An apple, 1 banana, and “maybe” 2 sweet potatoes. You won’t be gaining much weight on a low carb diet my friend.[/quote]

waylander thanks for the criticism it was what i wanted to hear but i eat two sweet potatoes 2 times a day which is four plus fruit plus the cup of oatmeal plus my mothers meals almost always consist of pasta. just sayin

also at 9:50 should i drink 1 or two more cups of milk? my school sells them so i can get as many as i want but i was just wondering if that would be overkill

OP what exactly are your goals? Long term are you interested in being massive or just like a medium build?

I think this diet can work, but the gains will be very slow. I know everyone worries about putting on fat, but it really isn’t a big deal.

I use diets like this to lean down for summer and then maintain for a few months but there is no way I could continue to gain size eating like this. I’m just telling you from experience, don’t be so strict. If you want to stick with this diet cool but don’t be afraid to cheat. If you are out with friends don’t pass up on fast food, stuff like that.

When I was in high school I used to eat a double whopper after every workout. Everyone told me I would get fat, but I ended blowing past all of them.

Shit man while I’m typing this I’m drinking 1/2 gallon of whole milk and eating a pizza hut pizza lol. The biggest guys got that way by just eating a shit load of calories and not really carrying what they ate( I over simplified this but nontheless it’s true.). Then later they refine their diets as their goals change.

Just my 2 cents, good luck man.

[quote]valkillmer wrote:
also at 9:50 should i drink 1 or two more cups of milk? my school sells them so i can get as many as i want but i was just wondering if that would be overkill[/quote]

seven!!!

lol

2 cups of milk overkill, hardly… i have 3 when im thirsty after a meal, deliciious.

the gut gets bloated but calms down later, then explodes again before bed but dont worry you wake up in the morning, have a shit and booyahhh six pack, well maybe not for me :wink:

waylander has a point

first off at 18 you’re about my age, and i used to be just like you, wanting to eat really as clean and lean as possible, then i went to university and have all my meals at Meal Hall, i still make an effort to eat clean, but a lot of time its impossible, so sometimes you just have to down a whole bunch of burgs and drink extra milk.

now what were the results on my bodyfat levels?..NOT MUCH, if ive gained fat ive probably gone from like 12 percent to 13 or 14. Unfortunatly i havent really made any gains because ive had to deal with a lot of injuries, and some other things, but seriously dont be afraid to eat some junk food a couple times a week, maybe even more then a couple.

you’re 18, go apeshit

thanks for the input guys i guess i could lighten up a bit on the diet but the reason was like waylander said im just scared that if i eat like that ill put on loads of fat. but i understand the concept.

I was kind of like you when I started my bulk. (I am on my first bulk, started at 5’11 147lbs 8.5%bf, after a 2 or 3 months I am now at 162lbs, probably 10-11bf%)

I tried to eat really clean at the start but it didn’t work at all. I am 18 like you an a senior in highschool. At this age we don’t need to bulk as clean as a 35 year old bodybuilder. Obviously you can still stay away from really shitty foods, I don’t eat anything with trans fat or anything that bad but the occasional pizza or chinese food doesn’t hurt.

And I consider chipotle to be very clean personally :slight_smile:

go by what i beleive is Prof X.s rule, no pure crap like doughnuts, oreos, dorititoes, avoid non diet soft drinks

It’s my humble opinion that people are too scared of truly bulking these days. While it is true that you shouldn’t gorge on fucking milkshakes and cheesecake until you can’t move, you still have a lot of freedom to eat what people consider “dirty.”

At 150lbs especially, you should eat damn near everything in sight if you want to gain weight. Save the restricted, planned out diet for cutting, imo.

Make sure to throw down lots of whole milk each day.

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
go by what i beleive is Prof X.s rule, no pure crap like doughnuts, oreos, dorititoes, avoid non diet soft drinks
[/quote]

Thats essentially what I do also. Except I don’t drink soda at all. Really, The only sugar I consume is the occasional energy drink.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
GrindOverMatter wrote:

Thats essentially what I do also. Except I don’t drink soda at all. Really, The only sugar I consume is the occasional energy drink.

[/quote]

I totally agree with this also. Sugar shit has no nutritional value. I don’t drink soft drinks, or eat chocolate/candy, even juice can fall under here, but fast food can be good. Burgers with 2+ meat patties and pizza have nutrients you can actually build muscle from.

Don’t eat it everyday but if you ask any of the bigger guys on here, they all know the value of fast food.