Coming Off TRT After 2 Years

Libido remains shit as well. Literally no desire, but no performance issues either if its initiated by gf. I didn’t really start feeling/seeing adverse affects until about 1 month after my last pin. The heightened generalized anxiety that I was feeling for the past few weeks has went down to what I feel is normal for me. Its odd to me how I lost so much mass in such a short period of time, easily down 5-10 lbs of muscle (or at least water that was being held inside muscle to). I look deflated and flat. Now going on a cut in attempt to see what muscle I am really left with. I ended my last cut in October 2017 and looked good @ 190, now @ 194 I look like shit. I’ll have to get down to at least 185 to look as lean as I was @ 190. Frustrating as hell to still have intense workouts and seeing nothing for results ie. losing muscle/strength while eating a slight surplus and gaining all fat. At least now my expected results are just to lose fat, because gaining muscle at this point does not seem possible. So tempted to schedule blood work next week to prove to myself I am not bouncing back naturally, but I want to hold off as long as I can.

Pics dont lie, about the same weight in both pics, one from August 2018 and one from this morning, depressing…

After a long 3 months finally got labs (will post once I figure out how), underwhelming to say the least. Mostly expected but still glad I gave myself another shot to see if I could come back naturally. Not in the cards, and doesn’t help that the clueless fill in for my real doc tells me my undetectable E2 is perfectly normal and it would only be higher if I was obese. Will make damn sure I dont see her in the future. Makes sense why, although I am staying lean, I keep losing strength all around. Not much of a decision to make, its been a fun experiment but pretty sure I’ll be pinning tonight

1 Like

Your ratio of TT to E2 is probably correct with your T being so low. Apologies for not reading through your log but are you on thyroid meds?

No thyroid or any other meds, but that brings up a good question… Since my docs dont seem to know dick, would any of the values indicate that while I am still off T I should have any thyroid issues investigated further? As impatient as I am to get back on, this would be my best opportunity to further investigate the underlying cause for low T

I suggest running thyroid antibodies. Reverse t3. As well as free t3 free t4 and TSH.

Also was that AMc cortisol test? If so that is low

1 Like

Yep. Your TSH is pretty high so your thyroid isnt responding to requests from your brain.

1 Like

Congrats on having the massive balls to give it a try. I salute you sir.

Im considering starting TRT, so it’s really interesting hearing stories about guys coming off, and their reasons. Great thread, I’ll be following this one closely.

Have you been using Tamoxifen and HCG the past 3 months?

No. The goal was to see if my body could produce normal levels of T without any supplementation, which it failed at miserably.

2 Likes

Confession: I pinned last night, couldn’t resist. Yeah I could have waited and found another doc to further diagnose my thyroid levels but current doc was not concerned and I’m impatient

In doing my TRT homework I have come across the whole “do i want to do this for life” debate often and thought about that muself before taking the plunge

I am on week 3 now so i am still a noob to the whole thing so i am no expert but i can see the argument from both sides.

Are you going to go back to your previous protocol you used a few months ago?

Yah it’s scary. I always fear what if I can’t get my medicine. What if what if what if… I’m living in the moment. I can’t see that happening but the fears there.

On the other hand I do not see myself being worse off due to trt. If anything I’ll have a better life as I get older vs other men who are natural or naturally low. Imagine a 50-60yr old man with higher t levels. You can still live like your young and have the energy to continue caring for your loved ones.

This has opened me up to not worrying about retirement. Still need to plan, but I know I will
Most likely be able to care for myself if I do this right. Trt negates so many health issues men and woman have in there senior years. I’m glad I was able to choose the option. Vs living the rest of my life depressed and tired. God that would suck.

It’s a what if. … You know what that means. You worrying for nothing.

I equate to running out of food. Out of our control. Though I may have a stash of food that would help us survive. So I also have a stash of extra testosterone. Haha

5 Likes

Me too. I dont worry but just in case I always have at least an extra 6 vials always on hand.

1 Like

So what? You then go back to what your levels were before or what they would predict to be at a later time. Just as if you never were on TRT. So, nothing to be worried about. :)))))))

Not sure how that made it into a quote. I did not say that.

1 Like

LOL! We don’t have smart forum software. I highlighted and quoted what you had quoted from enackers. I thought it would properly quote it from the original post. My apologies and I will watch for that. FIXED IT! :+1:

I started trt at 41. I wonder if I stop at age 60 where would my levels be??
If they are in the mid 400s. That would be good I gather. Since for 20 years testes were “sleeping” have I preserved their youngness?

Interesting.

1 Like

I started at 53, I’ll let you know in 7 years! LOL