Coming Off TRT After 10 Months

Hi all. I’ll be coming off TRT after 10 months on. And don’t plan to ever get back on. For myself, it’s been too much of a roller-coaster ride that I can’t deal with anymore.

Always messing with my hormones and seeing how I’m gunna be etc etc, just doesn’t work for me anymore. There have been many positives to TRT that I’m sure I will miss, but I’ll be OK knowing I don’t have to try and always constantly be going up and down, and feel good, bad etc etc on the regular, and worry about how I’m going to be or feeling because of stuff I’m putting in me. Its just not good for my brain/personality and enough is enough. I have been steady. Don’t get me wrong but it’s just never really cut it for me as a whole.

I’d rather live a life with lower natural T, then always having to adjust myself, for my brain, its just not a good thing I’ve noticed. It’s starting to get me down mentally and I’m hopping off the TRT train. It may be hard to do, but knowing I won’t have to be on it anymore, will get me through.

There are many factors for this.

hCG has a very negative effect on me, no matter what I try, but without it, I cannot continue TRT or my balls will ache and want to play hide and seek at times. I have teste atrophy that was never rectified from 10 years ago from AAS use in my late teens. I’ve used hcg throughout TRT. It’s one of the main reasons I can’t continue TRT. As it really screws me over and makes me feel horrid.

I’ve got a slight anxiety thing since starting TRT, it’s not constant and it’s not from the Test itself. I’ve felt that kind of slight anxiety on higher doses of test whilst setting the right dose for myself and that feels different, but for me, I think its elevated DHEA from the reading I’ve done. And there’s no chance in hell I’m taking a DHEA blocker.

I’m starting to get worse and worse dead arms when I sleep or even lying here typing this on my phone, my lower arms and hands go numb and tingly and I have to shake them out.

I’ve got terrible cystic acne on my chest, and normal acne on my back. It doesn’t bother me too much. It’s winter here atm. So shirts on. Not as if I’ve got some awesome rig to show off anyway but you get the point lol. My GF is always concerned about it this but it doesnt faze me too much, but it is there. The back has subsided alot on lower doses of 110mg a week. But the cystic acne on chest always flares up. I’ve tried different oils, same shit.

Just my general well being, is not as awesome as some feel from TRT. So it’s not for me, I can just feel it inside that I need to stop doing this to myself.

There’ are many positives to TRT like extra energy at times, a better sex life, more alpha at times I guess. But the thing for me on a whole, I feel I’m better without it. I’m over the self induced ups and downs, doesn’t sit well with me anymore and I’m not doing it to myself any longer.

Anyway, so I’ll be doing a MILD restart of Nolva, from about 3 weeks after my last shot, which was 3 days ago. 11th July.

I plan to do 20mg EOD for 2-4 weeks and then start to taper off with 10mg EOD for a few weeks and taper it off further to 10mg every 4 days, for another couple of weeks. I understand the importancy of long taper is a big thing to get the body to adjust and not just smash a PCT/restart for 6 weeks and then stop. It’s not the way to go from what I’ve read.

Is the taper long enough? Any advice would be greatly appreciated on anyone who has come off TRT to do a restart.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever been on a dose/protocol for more than a couple weeks? Sometimes things take time to settle/balance. You can’t just switch things up so often and expect good results

Thanks for reading. Yeah of course man. I made those mistakes earlier on in my TRT. In my log you’ll be able to see. I’ve definitely settled in to a few different protocols, but when I look at it. I’ve never really felt good from TRT. More energy, yes, not feeling as down, probably. But as whole its not worth it for me. I’ve got Low T, it’s not the be all and all of happyness and motivation in your life. Its not as “fun”, but for me, I’m not myself in TRT n I wanna get back to feeling me. On my own, no TRT.

You know me I was on TRT longer than you and restarted successfully in only 4.5 weeks with no taper, no PCT, the only reason I would rather have you taper is maybe you’ll find success on the way down.

You deserve to feel good on TRT and hate to see you give up. Is it possible there is something else not working right, like thyroid, iron or some other deficiency.

It could be something so simple it’s right under your nose.

1 Like

Possibly brother. My original thyroid panel wasnt the greatest. It’s all on my log. Rt3 was high from memory, blocking T3 etc etc… The taper was regarding the PCT of Nolva, ks man, had some good points of tapering the pct out, so there’s no negative rebound effect (can’t remember precisely), so your body doesn’t just crash n freak out after pct also.

1 Like

It’s possible, but I’m not really feeling it brother. It has it positives, but I’m never really been myself on it. I don’t like myself in TRT, I’ve tried but enough is enough for me, if I get back to TT OF 12 AND FT 295, (PRE TRT) I’m happy with that. Might take some time but let’s see how I go. I’m just not looking forward to the transition, especially as I start a new job on Monday, I expect to feel pretty shit even with a pct, as I’m pretty sensitive to slight hormone fluctuations as it is, so when they’re really changing, lookout… I’m a super over responder to anastrozole, clearly hcg fucks me, just think I’ll be better off without it all in the long run aye. I need like 0.1mg if anastrozole on my current protocol like once a week, if that, but that’s not the point. The whole TRT just isn’t doing it for me. I know you like to help people out systemlird, I respect you but my mind is made up, if anyone has any experiences on the Nolva PCT taper method, I’m all ears.

It was 473 pmol/L (170 - 450), so basically high Free T3 (6.1) and high Reverse T3.

A big portion of your Free T3 was inactive because high Reverse T3 was higher in relation to Free T3 which was borderline over the ranges by .1, but Reverse T3 was dominating your receptors causing Free T3 to pool.

Imagine you have a sponge and soak it in oil, then try to absorb water with the same sponge. You could have caught the very high Reverse T3 on a good day where other days it was higher.

Funny enough. I reckon if I got bloods now, they might be in check with adequate test levels who knows, but, again even if I got a blood test today and it came back as oestradiol sky high, which it isn’t, and everyone was like, just hit up some anastrozole, get that e2 in check n you’ll be fine, nah mate. For me I’m over messing with my hormones, it’s taken a toll on me since day 1, positives from day 1, yes, slept better, literally the 1st night, but as a whole, I’m done with it. I will get myself back to where I need to be mentally without it. I’m worse on it. Just not myself my friend. It won’t me easy, but I’m not injecting anymore test, and I’ll start nolva on 2-3 weeks.

Yeah well, maybe I should have never started as you or hrdlvn or highpull especially may have suggested. But yeah stopping TRT for sure. Its another headache just thinking about getting the thyroid into better numbers, as for now, until at least 12 months from now, when my body is back to doing its thing as best as it can, I can look into thyroid issues

Thyroid/adrenal gland issues, whatever it comes down too, can be left on the back burner for now. Ive had 3 high speed car accidents, I’m a massive adrenaline junkie, done lots of hard drugs in the past, I’m sure my adrenals are shot too, but me getting off TRT is a good decision, I can feel it inside. That’s all I wanna say on the matter my friend. Don’t really want to be going over and over it. I know you’re trying to help, God bless.

Is there a chance there’s something
Mental going on? Where you are expecting too much out of Trt? I could be off but just wondering …

With or without trt life has ups and downs. You feel shitty for weeks and you might feel good for weeks, totally unrelated to your hormonal make up.

This is true of course, but it just plays havoc on me. hCG fucks me over and I can’t do without it. Its just a vicious cycle of ups and downs, I don’t look well alot of the time since starting TRT, yeah at times I’m peaking. But alot of the time, I don’t look well, like I’m sick or hungover. It’s just not working out for me, I can feel with in myself what I need to do. And it’s stop hormone therapy. And be natural and live and just let it be. Mental is good. Lovely GF, family, new job tomorrow. Its just the constant feelings from self induced (TRT) have taken there toll on me, enough’s enough for me my friend.

As long as when I’m off TRT, it’s just me dealing with those emotions and not self induced ones, that’s what I need. It’s hard to explain. But that"s how mind and body respond to TRT.

I know I wont get that hectic pinging energised feeling, can do whatever i want, when I want all day long, when i go off, kinda thing. I’m saying it hasn’t been all bad. But in a whole, it’s taking a toll on me, too much of a roller-coaster ride for me with everything involved and it just doesn’t feel right to continue

There will be something better than TRT in the future, something that doesn’t shutdown the HPTA, I’m sure of it. Perhaps something that stimulates the pituitary gland without all the side effects.

You’re the bomb bro. Lol. You love this stuff. I’ve read countless amounts of your posts :+1:. You never know maybe one day. On a further note. I will miss TRT. I’m not silly, it’s had its perks, but for me I just can’t continue with the roller-coaster of induced emotions. It’s never fully sat well with me. I hope my transition onto Pct/restart isn’t too harsh, that’s all I can say

I’m still going to come off, but I did get some blood drawn today to see if anything is a miss. Cause I’m just all over the shop. It was a struggle but I managed to get the doc to check ferretin, cortisol (even though it was 2pm), TT, FT, SHBG, oestradiol, vit D and prolactin.

I wanted IGF-1 and DHEA but he refused 10 times lol. Thats all I really needed for now I thought, see if I had crazy high E or prolactin or something, making me feel off.

At the end of the day, all the hormones derived from Test are my problem, I really think high DHEA is my issue for feeling off along with the induced high E from hCG. But as I said in previous posts , can’t do TRT without it. So can’t do TRT anymore, I cannot wait until all the exogenous test is out of my system, I really can’t. I just want to have my own production, hormones not fluctuating so much all the time and feel like I did before starting TRT. I don’t think it will be easy, but I WILL get there

I need this. URGENTLY

There is something injectable that stimulates the pituitary (grnh) or something that is more expensive than TRT, but can cause diabetes and carpal tunnel in some patients.

I can’t remember the name, this is why I say there will be something better than TRT in the future once they get all the bugs worked out. It doesn’t shut down the HPTA, it stimulates it.