Coming Back from Mono

Im coming back from mono and i lost 15lbs i went from 175 to 160lbs. now im skiiny fat. i cant eat or put any weight back on. any trick to help? has anyone had mono and lost alot before?

Take it really slowly and get an all clear from your doctor first. Then take it slow and low volume at first, you’ll get it back but it takes time, it easily took me three or four months after getting mono to get back to baseline.

Don’t expect to be anywhere near the level of strength that you had. Mono will totally deplete you. I went through two rounds of it in a 3 month stretch because I never let myself get better. It completely took my motivation and I quit lifting for like 5 years. Don’t let it discourage you like I did. You will get back and be just as good as you were. I went from 187 at 9% when I caught it down to 160.

i have the all clear but im not allowedto lift heavy. im just gunna down protein shakes as much as possible to keep my weight going back up with milk

i have the all clear but im not allowedto lift heavy. im just gunna down protein shakes as much as possible to keep my weight going back up with milk

Good luck man. Just keep you motivation up and you’ll be fine.

I had mono years ago; it knocked me on my ass for weeks. I nearly blacked out just from walking a few blocks.

You will feel like crap for a while; I suggest you take it easy, and get back into lifting slowly. I found I regained the muscle I lost faster than it took to gain it in the first place.

Take your time man, I had it about 2 years ago now and truth be told I have never really fully recovered.

Even now if I go too high with the volume I find within a couple of days sore throat, fatigue, loss of appetite. I think an awful lot of it had to do with trying to rush back far too quickly.

Take your time and try to keep plenty in the tank when lifting (certainly for a while), I know how frustrating it is.