T Nation

Coming Back From Bad Breaks

Brief history, used to train pretty hard. Was in a bad motorcycle accident last year, ended up with two broken legs, 3 metal rods, 30 some odd screws, no ligaments in my left knee, badly torn deltoid, crushed vertebrae, and lots of nerve damage. After 6 months of listening to the doctors say i wouldnt ever walk again properly I proved them wrong.

Currently been back at the gym for about 6 months, grew like a week after being bed-ridden for so long. But lost alot of strength.

Bench = 265 for 3
Dead = 405 for 3
Squat = 275 for 3

I’m 5’8" 190lbs, im guessing around 8% bodyfat. Lifts are pretty pathetic from my old deads of 600 for reps but I still have to laugh at people who say they cant squat because they have bad knees or dont drop down to parallel. Hell I got no ligaments in my knee and I perform great form squats … without pain.

and no comments on the scoliosis. my crooked back is the least of my worries right now.

I apologize for the grainyness of the pictures, it was taken by my GF with a camera phone.

Front shot

Wow, very impressive!

Sorry to hear about the accident, I wish you a full recovery soon enough.

What does your training/diet look like?

fucking aweome man! im inspired

Thats amazing man, I probably wouldnt go back to training after an accident like that.

We are the same height too, your a lot more beastly than I am haha.

Hell yeah man, considering that story?! You look great! Go tear it up and get it back!

S

[quote]e_sloan wrote:
After 6 months of listening to the doctors say i wouldnt ever walk again properly I proved them wrong.
[/quote]

Dude. Badass. Only word for it.

[quote]marathe wrote:
e_sloan wrote:
After 6 months of listening to the doctors say i wouldnt ever walk again properly I proved them wrong.

Dude. Badass. Only word for it. [/quote]

Badass

LOL! I guess the armchair chiropractors will need to click on another Rate My Physique thread, then. Great comeback so far.

‘Muscle Remembers’

Massive Respekt for not giving up.

Muscle Memory - 10

Physique - 7.5
(Take better pics and post updates pls)

Tatoo Work - 3.89
(Way to keep it original, what’s next dolphins? crosses?

Over all gave you a solid 7, gotta earn your 8.

Thanks for the kudos, when your body and livelyhood are taken away from you it really makes you sit back and reflect. I used to model when I was younger and have always been a very active person. Spending a couple months in a wheelchair doped up on pain meds really make you put things into perspective. And also realize you are NOT invincible. A late lesson learned, but learned nonetheless.

I am also going to try and dig up a picture from the recovery from surgery.

Once my camera is fixed I will take some leg shots. I get a kick out of seeing my surgeon for monthly updates. He says I should not be doing any leg exercises because it will stress my knees, especially squats.

So I bought Mike Robertsons Bulletproof Knees, using that as my bible right now.

As for diet and training. I have never been this dedicated. I havent missed a workout since I started.

My diet is typically 300g of protein, 50-75grams of carbs, and enough fat (usually EFA) to keep my calory level up. Same food mon-sat, sun is cheat day.

Training is old body part split. Mon Chest, Tues back, wed shoulders, thur arms, Fri, legs, and Sat Abs. I have been doing a set of breathing squats (about 30 reps with 135) EOD to try and stimulate some more leg growth.

TKOWD1= LOL, Your right about the tattoos, I was 16 and stupid, regret most of them.

TANKKKKKKK