Coming Back After A Break

I have been on a semi-diet for over 26 weeks. I did not start off with much muscle mass (LBM), but I feel I did not lose that much. I have diet ADD where I would do many different things and not stick with just one, so I did not see that much results yet.

That being said, I think as long as you are lifting weights consistently throughout your diet, you don’t have to worry too much about muscle loss. What many might think is muscle loss might be just fat and glycogen depending on the individual. If you do have a lot of muscle mass and are trying to diet down, maybe that case might be different. But I have no personal experience of that sort.

[quote]phoenix1 wrote:
well “the professor” is destroying the thread. its amazing how much shit you have to get just for asking a sencere question.
why the hostility? it seems so try hard to write shit like prof x all the time.[/quote]

why did you take it so personally? If he really is some loser trying to harass you then he isn’t worth your time. Also, to answer your original question: pick a solid program and don’t overdo it. I doubt you will be lifting like crazy because a lot of effort will be getting back into the groove of things. As long as your form is tight you should be pretty safe IMHO.

[quote]phoenix1 wrote:
well “the professor” is destroying the thread. its amazing how much shit you have to get just for asking a sencere question.
why the hostility? it seems so try hard to write shit like prof x all the time.[/quote]

Put it in beginners not the bodybuilding thread. You wouldn’t get so much hate…just sayin.

[quote]phoenix1 wrote:

Even though you are obviously a troll. Well someone who normally posts here under a different name, that has probably upwards of 10-12 accounts made at various times throughout various years, I’m going to enlighten you about something in case some non-trolls are reading. (Your pattern is obvious BTW.)

You are shitting all over a man that has accomplished more than you could ever dream. Which means, HE, outside of a very few select others on this board, could give you the best advice and guidance possible. But you are insulting one of the biggest sources of knowledge here.

Shit when I have questions I ask older HUGE dudes who have been doing this shit for awhile. He is both. Why would anyone that wants to accomplish something NOT listen to someone who has been there? Because he doesn’t wipe your ass for you like mommie? Toughen up, life isn’t like living off of mommies tit.

(Is this nutswingging?)

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
phoenix1 wrote:
why the hostility? it seems so try hard to write shit like prof x all the time.

Even though you are obviously a troll. Well someone who normally posts here under a different name, that has probably upwards of 10-12 accounts made at various times throughout various years, I’m going to enlighten you about something in case some non-trolls are reading. (Your pattern is obvious BTW.)

You are shitting all over a man that has accomplished more than you could ever dream. Which means, HE, outside of a very few select others on this board, could give you the best advice and guidance possible. But you are insulting one of the biggest sources of knowledge here.

Shit when I have questions I ask older HUGE dudes who have been doing this shit for awhile. He is both. Why would anyone that wants to accomplish something NOT listen to someone who has been there? Because he doesn’t wipe your ass for you like mommie? Toughen up, life isn’t like living off of mommies tit.

(Is this nutswingging?)[/quote]

Could be…

Better to be safe and go smash some vagina so no one things you caught teh ghey!

Last year I was overseas (North America and Canada) for 6-weeks, managed to train 4 days per week in a variety of weird and odd locations…went overseas again for a month this year and found local gyms to play in

Good friend of mine went to Vietnam on holiday for 2-weeks, and found gyms to train in…

If you’re motivated and determined there is always a way to train (unless something has gone wrong and you’re a bit injured). Then again, if I was injured I would bust my ass to get it fixed. Actually, earlier this year I crashed a quad bike down a hill and wasted my left arm and shoulder (docs and physio said only reason nothing bad happened was that I have good muscle mass LOL). So, I had to spend a month doing next to no upper body training. What did I do? Trained legs hard for a month…

Ease back in with short workouts at low intensity and go from there. I like full body routines after a long layoff. Then ease your way back to splits.

[quote]phoenix1 wrote:
its amazing how much shit you have to get just for asking a sencere question. why the hostility? .[/quote]

lol…You should have been known that buddy. The bodybuilding forum is more criticism than anything else.

[quote]GluteusGigantis wrote:
Actually, earlier this year I crashed a quad bike down a hill and wasted my left arm and shoulder (docs and physio said only reason nothing bad happened was that I have good muscle mass LOL).

[/quote]

Ah-ha so that’s functional muscle.

[quote]younggully wrote:
Ease back in with short workouts at low intensity and go from there. I like full body routines after a long layoff. Then ease your way back to splits.[/quote]

Yeah, because the OP will not want to do anything too extreme on his way back, like break a sweat.

After 6 weeks the will prob need to relearn how to walk and move his arms just to pick up the weights. Baby steps. [insert sarcastic smiley face]

Just get back in there and work hard. There’s nothing special to it.

Better use the pink dumbbells for at least a month.

[quote]GluteusGigantis wrote:
Last year I was overseas (North America and Canada) for 6-weeks, managed to train 4 days per week in a variety of weird and odd locations…went overseas again for a month this year and found local gyms to play in

Good friend of mine went to Vietnam on holiday for 2-weeks, and found gyms to train in…

If you’re motivated and determined there is always a way to train (unless something has gone wrong and you’re a bit injured). Then again, if I was injured I would bust my ass to get it fixed. Actually, earlier this year I crashed a quad bike down a hill and wasted my left arm and shoulder (docs and physio said only reason nothing bad happened was that I have good muscle mass LOL). So, I had to spend a month doing next to no upper body training. What did I do? Trained legs hard for a month…

[/quote]

Ahhh shit. Internationally known Freddie Tiffany

I’m rouge

[quote]Producer wrote:
Better use the pink dumbbells for at least a month. [/quote]

word, also bosu ball pushups to train your balance

how about starting steriods? could this be a good option. i read that it makes you huge. could you please enligthen me?
i am a pretty big guy so maybe roids wouldnt work for me. i am stronger than prof x and ive only been working out for a year so i must be pretty special.

[quote]phoenix1 wrote:
how about starting steriods? could this be a good option. i read that it makes you huge. could you please enligthen me?
i am a pretty big guy so maybe roids wouldnt work for me. i am stronger than prof x and ive only been working out for a year so i must be pretty special.[/quote]

Troll. /thread.

[quote]Paste42 wrote:
phoenix1 wrote:
i am a pretty big guy so maybe roids wouldnt work for me. i am stronger than prof x and ive only been working out for a year so i must be pretty special.

Troll. /thread.[/quote]

yep

If you are stronger than X then you should have muscle memory in your favor. Similar to Kevin Levrone www.levrone.com/ you should have no problem getting back to your normal shape in a few weeks/months.

As for steroids, I have never taken any so I don’t have any input, sorry.

[quote]hawaiilifterMike wrote:
If you are stronger than X then you should have muscle memory in your favor. Similar to Kevin Levrone www.levrone.com/ you should have no problem getting back to your normal shape in a few weeks/months.

As for steroids, I have never taken any so I don’t have any input, sorry.
[/quote]

Haha, are you really going to answer that seriously? If there was any sarcasm in there it was VERY well hidden lol

[quote]phoenix1 wrote:
i am a pretty big guy so maybe roids wouldnt work for me. i am stronger than prof x and ive only been working out for a year so i must be pretty special.[/quote]

[quote]kylec72 wrote:
younggully wrote:
Ease back in with short workouts at low intensity and go from there. I like full body routines after a long layoff. Then ease your way back to splits.

Yeah, because the OP will not want to do anything too extreme on his way back, like break a sweat.

After 6 weeks the will prob need to relearn how to walk and move his arms just to pick up the weights. Baby steps. [insert sarcastic smiley face]

Just get back in there and work hard. There’s nothing special to it.[/quote]

True, get right back to training to failure and one rep max lifts.