Coming Back After 5 Weeks Off

The reason I took 5 weeks off is because I went on a long canoe trip with my sleepover camp, and then spent a week with my family at a cottage. The canoe trip involved paddling a canoe for 6-8 hours per day, and often portaging once or twice in a day. A portage is where you get out of the canoe, and carry it and the food barrels inside the canoe around an obstacle such as a waterfall. Generally, these were pretty hard days, even though they are very different from powerlifting of course. Anyways, some basic info about me and my lifts from before I left:
squat: 335
bench: 185 x 2 (never higher for 1)
deadlift: 315 x 2 (320 for 1)
(and by the way yes I did go off program to test this stuff before I left like a typical stupid impatient highschool kid)

I was thinking I would basically do 3x5 on each main exercise adding 5lbs per session for a month or so until I’m built back up to near where I was before, and then hop back on my program.

@chris_ottawa I figure you can be of alot of assistance here, seeing that you designed my program

I am open to suggestions, and all advice is appreciated. I’ll probably have my first workout tomorrow, and take things real easy. Maybe something along the lines of squat and deadlift 185x5 and bench 135x3 just to get used to the movements again.

Thanks

Yeah, something like what you said there could work, just work up to some 5’3 or 3’s and do a bit of volume work and assistance stuff. You never know, you might get back to where you were sooner than you would expect. Once you start feeling stronger (whenever that is) you could do AMRAP sets with 80% or so (what you assume to be 80% at that time) to figure out numbers to base your training off of. I’m not a fan of AMRAPs but it is probably a safer choice than a 1rm test.

Being 16, it won’t take long. Just don’t be in a hurry. Slow and steady wins and prevents injuries.