Coment on my new program

When people ask for advice on their own “made-up” program I am usually the first one to recommend using a true and tested program, of which many have been published on this website.

I have been looking for a new program ( 3 days a week full body) for the past few weeks, and to cut a long story short I could not decide on anything and so I have decided for the first time to make something up myself.

I don’t have any specific goals. I lift because I like it, to keep strong and to look decent naked. I train BJJ and boxing on my days off, but I have no plans on entering into any serious competition. I don’t conventional deadlift due to previous injuries and monster femurs, but besides that Im pretty injury free.

Please comment on the obvious errors…

Workout A

• Bench press (5 x 5 or 8 x 3),(alternate with floor press every 3-4 weeks) (pull-ups b/w sets)
  • lunge variation. Alternate every 2 weeks: dB walking lunges and BB reverse lunges (4 sets of 10 each leg).
  • superset seated rows with body-weight dips. (3 sets of 10)

Workout B

• Back squats (work-up to 3-4 heavy sets of 3-5 rep.s (bodyweight pull-ups b/w sets)
  • dB overhead press (4-5 sets of 8-12 reps)
  • superset of chest supported rows and hammer curls

Workout C

• weighted pull-ups (4-5 sets of 3-5 reps)
  • Front squat (4 sets of 10 reps)
  • dB incline press ( 4 sets of 10)
  • Also considering doing trap bar deadlifts or sled pushing if I can get access to this equipment if possible change gyms.

After every session I will alternate by finishing with farmer walks or DeFrancos shoulder shocker. Rear delt lateral raises and face-pulls will be done in most warm-ups.

tweet

A post was merged into an existing topic: Help with New Program