Comeback Lifting Suggestions

I’m a former college shotputter who hasnt trained seriously for about two years. I’d like to make a “comeback”, but have severe time restrictions due to my job, coaching and helping my wife with the family business.

My question is, does anyone know any, or can give some input on a lifting program that will help me regain my strength, despite the fact that I only have time to lift twice a week?

I’m thinking a couple total body workouts comprised almost totally of compound movements?

Thanks in advance,
BBC

http://www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/default.asp

Depending on what days you’re working with, you could create a 10/12/14 day week (or whatever) and use the WS4SB template.
ME upper, ME lower - DE upper, DE lower REPEAT

OR

The old 5x5 program might work too. Even though it’s laid out in three sessions, I’m sure you could set it up to rotate the deadlifts in somehow.

-good lifting!

I'm thinking a couple total body workouts comprised almost totally of compound movements?

Yup. You are onto it. You could progress to a program like AlterEgo suggests after you have got some conditioning from the full body stuff.

You know what to do- squats, deads, bench, bent rows, chins, dips, cleans, standing presses.

The only suggestion I have it to take it slow at first, injuries suck.

Perhaps you can do one session of bodyweight exercises at home to supplement the twice a week weightlifting.

And I’ll second the go slow comment, take your time with it.