Leg curls
65kg x 11
65kg x 11
65kg x 10ish

Chest supported rows
42kg x 8
42kg x 8
42kg x 8ish

For the second week in a row I’ve been told off by staff about the deadlift noise. Problem is there’s no other gyms around here without paying 3x as much. Really took the shine off another PR.

7 Likes

congrats

unfortunate

2 Likes

Cheers dude. I definitely had an 8th rep in me on the PR set but kept my energy for the second set as I’d already progressed.

The noise issue pisses me right off. Sure, I could “control” the weight down a bit better but the main problem is the gym is on the second floor. I don’t feel it would be such an issue if it wasn’t. Besides, putting that sort of weight down gently to the point it’s not somewhat loud is likely an injury waiting to happen. I’m not sure what I’m gonna do because the weight is only gonna get higher and higher.

I’d rather not switch exercise, but may have to do rack pulls or something.

4 Likes

I’m a little embarassed but hurt my hand punching a wall whilst on my own yesterday after spilling something - I felt to be bubbling for a while. Hurts like hell but hope it’s only bruised as I really need the gym right now. I hate that I reacted like this.

Dads dementia getting much worse, my own digestive issues really getting on top of me. A few family and relationship troubles. Bah.

I’m okay. I’m not looking for a response of any kind, just felt like I needed to write this shit down to hold myself accountable.

2 Likes

Understand you pain mate. Sometimes just writing it down is all you need to do to get it off your chest.

Hope things get a bit easier soon.

1 Like

If the gym is somewhere where sound is an issue then they would have ‘acoustic limitations’. The first gym (Puregym) I worked at was in the basement of an office building and due to that had no racks, no deadlift platforms and no weights above 16kg.

If it happens again I would legit ask them to show me how to put 200kg down in an appropriate manner…

3 Likes

Skipping gym today. Still lots of pain in hand/wrist. Still feeling like an idiot. I’m hoping that because there’s no swelling and I have 95% range of motion it’s nothing to worry about. Need to do something for mind because I have not been great these past few days.

2 Likes

Hard Conditioning will at least distract you for a bit.

I personally found therapy to be pretty helpful dealing with some anger problems, helped me explore my issues a bit. It’s not for everyone and can be exhausting, time consuming and expensive but might be worth thinking about.

Sincerely,
Guy who has put too many holes in walls

1 Like

Thanks, @heretolog. It’s appreciated.

I’ve been considering therapy as I don’t feel like there’s anyone around I can really share stuff with at the moment. Partner has her own stress,` my Mum is dealing with a lot right now being the full-time carer of my Dad. My only real best friend died years ago, I had to distance myself from a previous circle of mates as their answer to everything was alcohol. I have some top gym mates but I don’t feel in a position I can unload my troubles on them - we all have our own battles.

Somethings gotta give as I can’t continue like this. I only lashed out once, alone… but my own previous experience knows that it won’t be an isolated occurrence unless I deal with the root cause.

4 Likes

Sounds like it might help, you’ve got a lot going on and not being able to offload any of it anywhere is miserable.

1 Like

My wrist feeling a lot better today. Still can’t put a lot of weight on it but I think full range of motion is restored. These silly things always feel like massive setbacks, especially as I was in a run of some really good workouts. I think sometimes I care about the gym a little too much… not being in since Monday sucks.

3 Likes

I think the gym for a lot of people is a type of therapy, it’s more than just exercise so don’t feel bad about missing it or caring too much.

If you want to go in you can use machines that don’t need your wrist. There are things you can do or just rest up (or strap it up and train normally which isn’t what I’d recommend but probably what I’d do).

1 Like

I was literally thinking about strapping it as I woke up. I should have planned and ordered something off Amazon earlier in the week. I live in a small town with not a lot of the normal options people would have where I could buy one. Waitrose, Home Bargains and Superdrug are the only potentials. Will have to have a look.

I would love to train as normal as all my pushes have been flying up. Sadly I may have to do a few 3x25s or something as it’ll be safer than loading up much weight.

Gonna feel dumb when the gym crowd asks how I did it.

I use electrical tape when I have to strap something, that’s probably from years of using it in rugby but it’s very supportive and easy to put on/ off compared to some white tape.

I’d go and smash some machines with a taped wrist if you must go. I’d stay away from DBs and BBs though.

1 Like

“Must go”, probably not. Heh. Just want to keep momentum somehow - and I need it for my brain even if I end up just going on the bike.

I’m useless at this injury stuff, but when I tore a callous I bought some blue tape from Home Bargains that was in the sport section so hopefully that’ll do the trick!

Nice one @rugby_lifting

2 Likes

Barbell Bench
Bar x 10
Bar x 10
30kg x 5
40kg x 2 (ouch)

Machine chest press
40kg x 30
50kg x 21
50kg x 22

Machine shoulder press
20kg x 25
20kg x 20
25kg x 16

Machine fly
20kg x 17
20kg x 17
20kg x 18

Triceps pushdown
20kg x 23
20kg x 20
20kg x 24

Lat raises
8kg x 22
8kg x 20
8kg x 20

I bought and wrapped my wrist with some tape, got to the gym and a mate lent me his wrist wraps which were much better. No way I was gonna do anything on bench today. I picked up some 10kg dumbells to do seated shoulder press and knew right away it wasn’t happening. moved to machines.

Those rep ranges are something I’m not used to. A very different kind of fortitude but it was fun, and had me leaving wanting more.

The nice pump didn’t make up for not being able to move some heavy weight and continue my progression but I gotta shrug off this mentality.

7 Likes

I picked up 70kg yesterday whilst a friend was warming up for rack pulls. Not sure how squats/rdls/back work will go today. Probably more high rep stuff. I wonder if lifting hooks would be a temporary fix for pulls…

In the gym now. Couldn’t get wrists in position to squat. Managed to do 100kg x 20 on RDL, would have pushed for a couple more if I knew there was no chance I was gonna do a second set. Sat waiting for leg press. Don’t think i’m gonna track the rest of the workout.

6 Likes

Hey guys just letting you know I’m not really on T Nation much at the moment as I’m trying to focus on myself outside of the gym and not tracking my workouts whilst my wrist recovers. Even on the exercises I can do (like leg presses) I’m bailing half way through sets because the drive just isn’t there. I’m moping around feeling sorry for myself and being a neg head. I have no doubt my love for pushing myself will return very soon. I’ll still try to keep up with your guys logs.

7 Likes

feel better soon

2 Likes