T Nation

Come out, come out, however gay you are

Okay, I’ve see this guy around ESPN, but his name eludes me now. Currently, he’s the guy on PTI. When is this guy going to come out of the closet, if he isn’t already? Is the world ready for an openly gay (male) sports reporter/caster?

I need to specify. The current guest host. Norman whatever his last name is.

Are heterosexual sportscasters required to publicly announce their sexual preference? What does it have to do with their given vocation? Is it a paricular interest that you, yourself harbor? Before you reply, please consider slamming a car door on your head multiple times.

There is no necessity for anybody to come out of any closet in which they hide, but I just wondered why, after the media made such a big deal about the possibility of a gay baseball player, that no one has made any mention of the fact that some male broadcasters seem MUCH more effeminate than others. The purpose of the post rested in the last question. Anybody else care to fill in my opinions from simple questions?

This really isn’t inline with this topic, so I apologize if I end up hijacking this thread. But, why is it that homosexuals that are “out” feel the need to broadcast it? Honestly, why do they put the rainbow stickers on their cars and what not? I don’t drive around with a “Heterosexual” bumper sticker.

I just need to hear the sports report, not what somebody prefers to fuck. Just don’t care, just tell me about the baseball trades.

Derrick, Someone in MN got suspended from high school for wearing a shirt that said “Heterosexuall Pride” on it.

it’s so the gay can easily spot other gay to be gay with. big silly goose.

DEREK SAID

This really isn’t inline with this topic, so I apologize if I end up hijacking this thread. But, why is it that homosexuals that are “out” feel the need to broadcast it? Honestly, why do they put the rainbow stickers on their cars and what not? I don’t drive around with a “Heterosexual” bumper sticker

It’s really no different from Blacks, whites or whatever taking pride in who they are - especially if there is a history of oppression or societal marginalisation towards that group.

Why, for example, do NRA supported announce they like guns [or whatever], it’s just another lifestyle choice.

Thing is, people tend to get all het up [if you’ll excuse the phrase] over things like sexuality because of the way normative society views difference. The same thing happens in a group of queer folk where one of them has a straight friend - the straight will usually - in some fashion - make a comment or whatever about their identity, not necessarily because they feel threatened, but in order to establish themselves within that group.

im with derek on this one. on top of the rainbow stickers and such, why is it that when a man decides to “come out” his voice suddenly becomes about three pitches higher and starts to talk like a girl? and please do not give me some crap about gay men being born with less masculine voices.

Why is there a homosexual thread in the T-Forum again?

What? Being gay isn’t like being black or any other minority…If I were black I would be horribly insulted by that statement. Being gay is about who or what you prefer to fuck, other than what is natural. The point is who cares what you like to fuck, I don’t need to know. The advertising of gay shit on cars and stuff, is just a way of advertising “Hey I am a man who fucks other men”. I don’t say, “hey I am a guy who prefers pussy that is attached to a woman”. Being born into a race or culture is very different from advertising where you stick your dick.