Come On In and Have a Seat Over There

BrotherChris and Sloth, I gave our new thread the title of the catch line from to catch a predator, in honor of your catholic clergy.

Come Ye All and witness the un-flinching morality of the catholic church. As told by some of the victims who survived their molestation (initiation?).

*Broken Rites research has revealed how the Catholic Church authorities harboured Father Paul David Ryan, a sexually abusive Australian priest. This cover-up should be investigated by a public inquiry.

When Ryan was charged (and convicted) in an Australian criminal court
One of his Australian victims ended up committing suicide ? and this boy’s mother (Mrs Helen Watson) has finally forced the church to apologise.

*200 priests suspected of abuse living in California, victims’ lawyer says
‘Public is often too squeamish’

Among Boucher?s many clients in the church action are Manuel Vega and Dan Smith.

Vega is a former police officer from Oxnard who took special interest in sex crimes investigations because, he says, he was sexually abused as a teenager by his parish priest.

?He forced me to masturbate while he took pictures of me,? said Vega, who believes that the public is often too squeamish to recognize what child molestation actually entails ? and thus not properly outraged by it.

Dan Smith, another alleged abuse victim, is reeling from the recent collapse of his marriage which he blames in part on the psychological effects of the molestation he says he suffered as a child ? at the hands of his local parish priest.

?He would rape me and then say this is what God?s love feels like,? Smith said, struggling to hold back tears more than twenty years after the alleged incidents.

ctually, it’s no higher than other clergy. And apparently MUCH lower than the secular public school system.

Consider the statistics: In accordance with a requirement of President Bush’s No Child Left Behind Act, in 2002 the Department of Education carried out a study of sexual abuse in the school system.

Hofstra University researcher Charol Shakeshaft looked into the problem, and the first thing that came to her mind when Education Week reported on the study were the daily headlines about the Catholic Church.

“[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem?” she said. “The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests.”

So, in order to better protect children, did media outlets start hounding the worse menace of the school systems, with headlines about a “Nationwide Teacher Molestation Cover-up” and by asking “Are Ed Schools Producing Pedophiles?”

No, they didn’t. That treatment was reserved for the Catholic Church, while the greater problem in the schools was ignored altogether.

As the National Catholic Register’s reporter Wayne Laugesen points out, the federal report said 422,000 California public-school students would be victims before graduation ? a number that dwarfs the state’s entire Catholic-school enrollment of 143,000.

Yet, during the first half of 2002, the 61 largest newspapers in California ran nearly 2,000 stories about sexual abuse in Catholic institutions, mostly concerning past allegations. During the same period, those newspapers ran four stories about the federal government’s discovery of the much larger ? and ongoing ? abuse scandal in public schools.
http://www.cbsnews.com/...62-1933687.html

Underlined the last tidbit to highlight the unprofessional conduct of the general media. 4 stories about a far larger scandal. 4. Don’t even try to suggest there wasn’t a conscious effort to selectively protect on one hand, and demolish on the other.

“[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem?” she said. “The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests.”

These aren’t the words of the author of the article. Those are the words of the researcher, Charol Shakeshaft, tasked by the Department of Education to look into the issue.

Silently Shifting Teachers in Sex Abuse Cases

…While no central authority tracks the number of teachers accused of molesting in one jurisdiction who then pick up teaching in another, Charol Shakeshaft, a professor of education administration at Hofstra University, studied 225 sexual abuse complaints against teachers made to federal authorities from 1990 to 1994 and found that in only 1 percent of the cases did superintendents follow up to ensure that molesting teachers did not continue teaching elsewhere. In 54 percent, superintendents accepted the teachers’ resignations or retirements. Of the 121 teachers removed this way, administrators knew for certain that 16 percent resumed teaching in other districts…
http://www.nytimes.com/...ed=2&src=pm

AP: Sexual Misconduct Plagues US Schools

Too often, problem teachers are allowed to leave quietly. That can mean future abuse for another student and another school district.

“They might deal with it internally, suspending the person or having the person move on. So their license is never investigated,” says Charol Shakeshaft, a leading expert in teacher sex abuse who heads the educational leadership department at Virginia Commonwealth University.

It’s a dynamic so common it has its own nicknames _ “passing the trash” or the “mobile molester.”

Laws in several states require that even an allegation of sexual misconduct be reported to the state departments that oversee teacher licenses. But there’s no consistent enforcement, so such laws are easy to ignore.

School officials fear public embarrassment as much as the perpetrators do, Shakeshaft says. They want to avoid the fallout from going up against a popular teacher. They also don’t want to get sued by teachers or victims, and they don’t want to face a challenge from a strong union.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...02100144_5.html

I would say the CBS opinion piece author has the evidence on his side. My question now is, why did you spend time checking on him, and not the researcher for the DoE, whose report spurred his article? Or look for similar articles from other organizations, such as the NYT? An odd order of priorities for someone concerned about sexual misconduct involving minors, no?

Some Day Brother Chris and Sloth you may be kneeling at the altar when the priest enlightens you on “what gods” true “love feels like” I hope they video tape it when it happens for the whole world to see you recieve gods love, balls deep over and over and over again.

[quote]WW3General wrote:
Some Day Brother Chris and Sloth you may be kneeling at the altar when the priest enlightens you on “what gods” true “love feels like” I hope they video tape it when it happens for the whole world to see you recieve gods love, balls deep over and over and over again.[/quote]

Troll mask stripped away. Ignored.

Another one bites the dust.

“I would say the CBS opinion piece author has the evidence on his side. My question now is, why did you spend time checking on him, and not the researcher for the DoE, whose report spurred his article? Or look for similar articles from other organizations, such as the NYT? An odd order of priorities for someone concerned about sexual misconduct involving minors, no?”

No, not odd at all. I hate all child molestors but worst of all I hate sheeple like you, who allow them to do their dirty deeds. Who will actually re-direct attention to other issues so their catholic church does not seem so horrible. A church is supposed to be moral and upstanding, I hear you catholics and other religious idots constantly espousing how if it were not for religion we would not know right from wrong. This is nonsense. I despise the catholic clergy who molest children because they prey on people they have religious power over, I despise all of the catholics that do not get outraged at such instances and actually feel the need to defend the child raping tendencies of their priests. You know how I stand on child molestation, but you will not divert me from the topic which is the fact that child molestation is widspread throughout the catholic church.

Sloth- You don’t want to know what gods love feels like? Or have you already found out?

It is Stockholm Syndrome you don’t have to be embarassed it happens.

I think it is funny that you can not even deal with me saying that about you on an internet thread, but you seem not to care at all that some little boy had to go through that in real life.

For the record-
Fuck- all religion (catholics too)
and all you catholic child molesting supporters.

[quote]WW3General wrote:
“I would say the CBS opinion piece author has the evidence on his side. My question now is, why did you spend time checking on him, and not the researcher for the DoE, whose report spurred his article? Or look for similar articles from other organizations, such as the NYT? An odd order of priorities for someone concerned about sexual misconduct involving minors, no?”

No, not odd at all. I hate all child molestors but worst of all I hate sheeple like you, who allow them to do their dirty deeds. Who will actually re-direct attention to other issues so their catholic church does not seem so horrible. A church is supposed to be moral and upstanding, I hear you catholics and other religious idots constantly espousing how if it were not for religion we would not know right from wrong. This is nonsense. I despise the catholic clergy who molest children because they prey on people they have religious power over, I despise all of the catholics that do not get outraged at such instances and actually feel the need to defend the child raping tendencies of their priests. You know how I stand on child molestation, but you will not divert me from the topic which is the fact that child molestation is widspread throughout the catholic church. [/quote]Clearly you are not up to discussing this topic. Nobody hates the Catholic Church more than I do. Nobody. However your simpleton treatment of my old friend Sloth here is truly abhorrent. The man has never EVER, in the years I’ve known him, “allowed” guilty clergy to “do their dirty deeds”… even once. He also despises Catholic clergy who prey on people they have religious power over. His point was not that Catholic crimes were less hideous, but that our public schools are literally 100 times worse and sheeple like you just whistle past it because, being rank hypocrites, you don’t care unless somebody “religious” does it. Or so it would appear. Bottom line? Shaddup. Yer a mindless hater.

Tribulus by not performing the necessary “witch hunts” (something you guys should be good at) and removing the cancer and allowing the people who tried to cover it up to continue to lead your organization, you are codoning it. If you are catholic and you do not like what happened you are the one who has to do something about it. You are just like them you only wish to change the subject from catholic clergy who molest boys to other people. You want to villanize these educators while whistling right on by the row of priests raping little boys. I am far from a mindless hater, I am not blinded by faith in a religion built on lies. I use the brain and the intelligence god gave me and live a fulfilling life. Something I am sure god will he happy with when I see him.

And as for my treatment of him and Brother Chris, they called my statements inflammatory in the last thread so I gave them inflammatory in this one. I found several of their statements to be rather ridiculous and nothing but baiting, unless they truly believe what they were saying then I am just amazed.

Yes you obviously hate the catholic church the large Templar knight in you picture is very much proof of how you despise them so.

[quote]WW3General wrote:<<< unless they truly believe what they were saying then I am just amazed.[/quote]They truly believe what they are saying. Trust me. I know them both much better than you do. Neither one is anything even close to how you’ve caricatured them.

[quote]WW3General wrote:
Tribulus by not performing the necessary “witch hunts” (something you guys should be good at) and removing the cancer and allowing the people who tried to cover it up to continue to lead your organization, you are codoning it. If you are catholic and you do not like what happened you are the one who has to do something about it. You are just like them you only wish to change the subject from catholic clergy who molest boys to other people. You want to villanize these educators while whistling right on by the row of priests raping little boys. I am far from a mindless hater, I am not blinded by faith in a religion built on lies. I use the brain and the intelligence god gave me and live a fulfilling life. Something I am sure god will he happy with when I see him.

And as for my treatment of him and Brother Chris, they called my statements inflammatory in the last thread so I gave them inflammatory in this one. I found several of their statements to be rather ridiculous and nothing but baiting, unless they truly believe what they were saying then I am just amazed.[/quote]

You are a non-catholic.
There is many molestations done by non-catholics.
So, by your own oh-so-high standards, you should be crusading and witch-hunting right now.
Inside your own community.
If you don’t, then, by your own oh-so-high standards, you are condoning it.

And if you think it doesn’t happen in your own community, think again.
It’s just covered up, like everywhere else.

In this thread or the other one, there have been multiple non-catholic posters saying you your accusation were stupidly unfair.
Maybe it’s time to realize that, despite your god-given brain, you may indeed be a mindless hater.
And maybe it’s time to get a mind.

Kamui- Yes, I am working on it. My people have done a lot of work on fixing the molestation problem facing America today. Kamui, I just looked into this thread, and the other one, there are no non-catholics who say anything bad about me. I am not a mindless hater, I just get tired of mindless religious idiots, who need a religion to tell them how to think.

If you are accusing me of hating catholics mindlessly I would say no, if you are accusing me of hating catholics I would definitely say yes. I mean you guys barely follow your own rules, and I think we could argue that all day. Plus all the hardships your people brought to the land, and the horrible instances the church has been involved in, or covered up.

I can say that in my book, Bhuddism is good and hinduism, and even pastafarians.

[quote]WW3General wrote:

I can say that in my book, Bhuddism is good and hinduism, and even pastafarians. [/quote]

We can all say that, after reading your posts, the only book you have is one that you color in.

[quote]WW3General wrote:

Kamui, I just looked into this thread, and the other one, there are no non-catholics who say anything bad about me. [/quote]

Now there are. Hello, my name is Thunderbolt23.

[quote]WW3General wrote:
there are no non-catholics who say anything bad about me.
[/quote]

I’m not a Catholic and I think you’re an idiot. Whether you are pretending (as in a troll) or not, you’re still an idiot.