T Nation

Combining Superhero and 5/3/1

I just completed 6 wks to superhero. Loved it. Prior I had ben doing 5/3/1. My question is what does everyone think of combining them. 5/3/1 for shoulders and then superhero DL circuit. Next day squat 5/3/1 superhero bench. Then so on reversing the lifts. Not much acc. work least not right away. Opinions?

Try it and let us know how it went.

CT has mentioned numerous times, that Frankensteining programs usually isn’t a good idea. Hence programs are designed the way they are for a reason.

Actually CT mentioned in his livespill that this was one “frankensteining” of one of his programs that he liked. But the way CT said to do it was to do 5/3/1 and follow it with the complex for the same lift. So you would do 5/3/1 Deadlift followed by 5-6 rounds of the deadlift complex. I have been doing this for 4-5 weeks and the workouts are awesome. You are drenched in sweat by the end and have done a ton of volume at very high weights.

Like I said, just do it and let us know how it goes so we never have to see this question again.

[quote]howie424 wrote:
Like I said, just do it and let us know how it goes so we never have to see this question again. [/quote]

What he said.