Combining Lifting & Conditioning

Would it be detrimental to play basketball as my conditioning like 2 or 3 times a week alongside weightlifting 4 times a week? I am doing the BFS(bigger faster stronger program)and i do not have access to the plyometric boxes and i figured playing basketball i would be jumping and running enough. Thoughts?

I usually only post questions here but i’ll give you my experience

When I was doing conditioning (HIIT around 2 times a week) I actually increased strength in my squat and everywhere else. Also in endurance. I also lost 2kgs in the process and managed to improve every where.

However Once I slacked off a tiny bit in the gym, my strength dropped. I decreased frequency down from 3 times to once or twice a week and I lossed strength. Trying to rebuild it back up now.

Gains in strength may also slow down, but I believe conditioning is important for anyone

[quote]casperthegst wrote:
Would it be detrimental to play basketball as my conditioning like 2 or 3 times a week alongside weightlifting 4 times a week? I am doing the BFS(bigger faster stronger program)and i do not have access to the plyometric boxes and i figured playing basketball i would be jumping and running enough. Thoughts?[/quote]

They have a web site, books, coaches, etc and you ask the question here? Why?

And, I did not know you needed a plyometric box to jump…

playing basketball the way people who love it do, will be detrimental. Like me personally if I get the opportunity I want to play until i’m totally drained. Some people who play for 30 min, or casually run up and down it will not be detrimental. It can actually help.