Combining Home Video Workouts with Lifting

Dude, you so shouldn’t be writing that in the beginner forum.

Fatties be like “I’m getting plenty of rest coz Yogi said that burns 70% of the Big Macs I’m eating. I reduced my burger consumption by 30% but I’m still getting fatter! Wtf plz help fml iifym amirite?!?”

4 Likes

I agree with all the stuff about diet. Build good habits outside the gym because you can’t outwork a shitty diet. To recap what people are saying:
No factory processed foods
No junk food
Eat at a caloric deficit

Start counting macros for a set amount of time so you have an idea of what calories look like in food form. I personally don’t count macros, but I know what 20g protein or 44g carbs looks like because I spent some time doing so.

Do your strength training NOW and don’t wait to lose weight otherwise once you shed all that fat, you’ll still look out of shape if you don’t have good muscular development from strength training. You’ll look silly and prolly have loose skin if you drop down to single digit body fat without picking up a weight.

I think Starting Strength, Stronglifts 5x5, Greyskull, and Wendler’s 5/3/1 are all good just pick one and stick to it for a few weeks (12 as @strongmangoals stated is a good figure). Develop good habits by starting strength training, and you’ll build a decent foundation AS you lose weight.

If you want to do P90X, Insanity or whatever on non-lifting days, go right ahead. It’ll help your overall work capacity. I personally think walking is easier and more enjoyable, especially if you have access to an outdoor trail. If you want to walk, do that too. If you want to do both, do both.

1 Like

Yeah … lets talk about movements that have pretty low metabolic stress as a whole relatively speaking . Lets ignore movements such as a all out set of squats for some decent reps with somewhat heavy weight or things like Farmer walks and the like. Instead lets use arm curls and shoulder shrugs as the bases of a point. :wink:

I mean, at least they reduced their burger consumption

ichisoko you might find this video helpful in losing your weight.

Bro, delete that post. That dude is such a fake natty. There’s no problem with being honest about PED use, but to deny it in the name of selling products and services is pure scumbaggery.

That’s why you don’t look like him (despite being on TRT) using his methodology.