Combining EOD, Layer System, and Strength Skill?

@Christian_Thibaudeau what do u think to combine the eod with layer system and strength skill?
Example:
DAY 1: SQUAT LAYER + 1/2 ASSISTANCE EX
DAY2 : OFF - STRETCHING OR CARDIO
DAY 3 : BENCH LAYER + 1/2 ASSISTANCE EX
DAY 4 : OFF - STRETCHING OR CARDIO
DAY 5 : SNATCH HIGH PULL LAYER + 1/2 ASS EX
DAY 6 : OFF
DAY 7 : STRENGTH SKILL SQUAT + BENCH 6X3 75/82% + 20 MIN BACK ASSISTANCE

an other thing… programming for this kind of work:
Change exercise every 3/5 week OR change tecnique every 3/5 or both?

I know that there is a lot old post about this method but I want to know better your opinion if it is possible… and sorry for my english.

I like it. Honestly, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Layers are intense, so it’s probably best to deload after 3 weeks and then switch exercises

1 Like

@Christian_Thibaudeau how do you deload? Low intensity ex: ramp to 90% of last week? low volume… less series of some layer? or change exercise ? Example bench press - floor press ?

Well here’s the thing: deloading works mostly via a decrease in cortisol which leads to a decrease in adrenaline production. This allows the beta-adrenergic receptors to become sensitive again.

You can deload by lowering any of the 6 variables that play a role in cortisol/adrenaline production during training:

1. Volume
  2. Intensiveness (how hard you push your sets)
  3. Psychological stress (often related to how heavy you go)
  4. Neurological demands (complexity of the exercises, doing complexes, circuits, etc.)
  5. Density
  6. Competitiveness in training

The first 3 variables have more of an impact, so you need to lower at least one of them and likely 1-2 of the bottom 3 too.

As for the layers. I would simply Replace the layers for 3-4 sets of 3-5 reps + 1 set of 8-10 reps. Which decreases both volume, intensiveness and psychological stress.

@Christian_Thibaudeau wonderful. Thanks a lot. If I have other question is it possible to organize a skipe?

It is, but it is a paying service that I offer.

It s ok. Have you some mail for info?

Contact my assistant at info@ballisticmanagement.com