T Nation

Combining 531 with Double Stimulation

Hi,

Im a 23 year lifter. My goals are to become stong, big and not fat. I’ve been doing 531 for about 2 years now en curently experimenting with BBB. I also red a t-nation article stating that it would be benefitial to do double stimulation to boost recovery and become stonger and bigger. The idea of double stimulation is doing some mild pump work 24-36 hours after a heavy workout.

I would apreciate any feedback on my current plan :

Monday

531 Bench Press
BBB Bench Press
Ring Rows 5x10 reps

Tuesday

531 Squat
BBB Squat
Hanging leg raise 5x10 super set with Ab wheel rollout 5x10

Chest flies 3 x 40 reps
lateral raises 3 x 40 reps
Incline Bicep curls 3 x 40 reps
Tricep extensions 3x 40 reps
Dumbel rows 3x 40 reps
Incline dumbel press 3x 40 reps

Wednesday

Rowing Conditioning

Bodyweigtht squats 3x 40 reps
Backward lunges 3x 40 reps

Thursday

531 Press
BBB press
Gironda Sternum Chin-up 5x 6 reps

Friday

531 deadlift
BBB squatstance deadlift
Hanging leg raise 5x10 super set with Ab wheel rollout 5x10

Chest flies 3 x 40 reps
lateral raises 3 x 40 reps
Incline Bicep curls 3 x 40 reps
Tricep extensions 3x 40 reps
Dumbel rows 3x 40 reps
Incline dumbel press 3x 40 reps

saturday

Conditioning

Sunday

Rest

The time between The 531 workout and the pump workout is going to be around 6 hours

My eating plan :

4 Meals a day with much proteïn, some fat and low GI carbs

2 hours before workout high carb meal

15 min before workout 40gr high GI carbs and 10g of BCCA

During the workout 40gr high GI carbs and 10g of BCCA

After the workout 50gr of low GI Carbs and 50g of whey

Meal afther workout more carbs, less fat and more proteïne

“durring the pump session i don’t drink any thing durring the workout”

You and I have very different ideas of what double stimulation is. Don’t combine workouts! Or whoever wrote "Double Stimulation " certainly would tell you not to use 5/3/1.

Thanks for the feedback. It has been a while sinds I red the article and the idea I had about double stimulation was indeed wrong.

Man fuck all that pump stuff off. Double stimulation for recovery should come from just utilising the musculature that’s sure, works better using it in full body motions and this will come from proper full body conditioning. All that other stuff is just extra volume, unnecessary over complication and will most likely hinder your progress by reducing your ability to recover effectively and ruining your focus on leg days. Your basic program is solid. Just add a couple sets of arms to your upper body days if you want to hit them but 3x40 is more of a pain in the ass than anything and will bring you very very little results.

I do the same layout of days with the two conditioning and for that conditioning I do 10x20s on 40off sprints and 3x farmers carries SS w/ Slep Push/Pull. Hits every muscle in the body, some direct and some indirect and gives that stimulation I need to recover. I also do ice baths on those conditioning days so that helps a bunch too haha

Thanks for the feedback! Getting stronger in the meantime. I have added 1 exercise on the arms and it feel quite statisfying to do some extra on the push days.