Combat Sports Forum

I think they got tired of my preview threads.

So, if I wanna post here do I need to list all my favourite “MMA Stars” at the end of each post?

(just in case)

Rampage
GSP
Nog (Big and Small)
Every fighter ever on TUF
Dana White
Melvin Smiley
Tito

*list subject to change every time someone wins or loses

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
So, if I wanna post here do I need to list all my favourite “MMA Stars” at the end of each post?

(just in case)

Rampage
GSP
Nog (Big and Small)
Dana White
Melvin Smiley
Tito

[/quote]

Funniest freaking thing I’ve seen all day. Well played, sir.

This is awesome. It totally streamlines T-Nation for me as I no longer have to go hunting if I want to find a thread about an upcoming UFC…sometimes they’d get put in the “Get a Life” category and other times they’d be under “Strength Sports” so I was hardly posting in them.

On the other hand, Bruce Lee threads should still go under the “Get a Life” category

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
I think they got tired of my preview threads.[/quote]

Ha! I saw this thread and thought it was going to be a petition for said forum…

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

(just in case)

Rampage
GSP
Nog (Big and Small)
Dana White
Melvin Smiley
Tito

[/quote]

Visions of Sherdog forum (shudders)…good stuff, man.

MY PUND 4 POUND TOP LIST

1. CHRIS LEBEN
  2. FORREST GRIFFIN
  3. MIKE BISPING OR MIKE SWICK

I DONT NOW ANY OTHER FIGHTERS HELP?

[quote]slimjim wrote:
On the other hand, Bruce Lee threads should still go under the “Get a Life” category[/quote]

Shit, I think they ALL belong right here.

fuck that. no “i don’t want 2 b hyooge, just ript like bruc lee, wat should i do bsides pushups n situps?” threads.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
slimjim wrote:
On the other hand, Bruce Lee threads should still go under the “Get a Life” category

Shit, I think they ALL belong right here.[/quote]

Damn right.

slimjim wrote:

Shit, I think they ALL belong right here.[/quote]

This isn’t the Asian actor forum.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
slimjim wrote:

This isn’t the Asian actor forum.[/quote]

OH damn. How are you going to diss all of the little Bruce Lee wannabes like that? They didn’t buy all of those nunchucks and “scream like sodomized monkey” classes for nothing!

Donut62 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
slimjim wrote:

OH damn. How are you going to diss all of the little Bruce Lee wannabes like that? They didn’t buy all of those nunchucks and “scream like sodomized monkey” classes for nothing![/quote]

What Bruce Lee lacked in fighting ability, he more than made up for in quality physique. Big muscles are ugly, it’s all about definition. Seeing the outline of your organs is the newest thing, so I think we should just PM Prof X all of our Bruce Lee questions since he’s the bodybuilding stalwart here.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
slimjim wrote:

OH damn. How are you going to diss all of the little Bruce Lee wannabes like that? They didn’t buy all of those nunchucks and “scream like sodomized monkey” classes for nothing!

What Bruce Lee lacked in fighting ability, he more than made up for in quality physique. Big muscles are ugly, it’s all about definition. Seeing the outline of your organs is the newest thing, so I think we should just PM Prof X all of our Bruce Lee questions since he’s the bodybuilding stalwart here.[/quote]

No, please. I thank you for the nomination but I think someone more qualified to deal with skinny Asian dudes with super powers should take this spot. Any volunteers!?

Nice to have our own little corner, Now we dont have to sift through the 1000’s of pages of the MMA Hub Thread.

Couple questions:

1. What combat sport does anyone here participate in

muay thai & bjj; and probably catch wrestling and shoot wrestling soon.

1. Which one’s do you enjoy watching

any and all, hell i watch point sparring

1. Who are some of your favorite fighters

Listed at bottom

1. A lot of us the MMA Hub thread as our training blog… should we create individual ones here, continue to use the Hub thread, or start to use our profiles.

Imo, individual threads

1. what kind of lifting do you do to improve your performance

DE, ME, RE, use a lot of jump training, and oly lifts. Working on getting some equipment so that my upperbody training will be primarilly gymnastics oriented.

Some of my favorite fighters (not just mma):

Anderson Silva
Genki Sudo
Norifumi Yamamoto
Takanori Gomi
Shinya Aoki
Ernesto Hoost
Mike Zambidis
Jake Shields
David Jacobs
Josh Barnett
Kazushi Sakuraba
Matee Jedeepitak
Buakaw Por. Pramuk

sherdog style fav. fighters:

• Anyone with a mohawk
  • the guy with the most tatt’s
  • anyone who uses a lot of cuss words
  • anyone NOT japanese.

Couple questions:

–MMA training…Work on submission fighting style at Jackson.

1. Which one’s do you enjoy watching

–love MMA of all sorts. Prefer UFC to all others

1. Who are some of your favorite fighters

–Listed at bottom

1. A lot of us the MMA Hub thread as our training blog… should we create individual ones here, continue to use the Hub thread, or start to use our profiles.

–I am too new to this to matter on this subject. I would love to read the treads of other guys who have been at this longer.

1. what kind of lifting do you do to improve your performance

–See answer for number 4

Some of my favorite fighters (not just mma):

Randy Couture
Keith Jardine
GSP
Rampage
Sean Sherk
Iceman
Rashad Evans

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

(just in case)

Rampage
GSP
Nog (Big and Small)
Dana White
Melvin Smiley
Tito

[/quote]

hahahahahaha

-dizzle

Donut62 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
slimjim wrote:

What Bruce Lee lacked in fighting ability, he more than made up for in quality physique. Big muscles are ugly, it’s all about definition. Seeing the outline of your organs is the newest thing, so I think we should just PM Prof X all of our Bruce Lee questions since he’s the bodybuilding stalwart here.

No, please. I thank you for the nomination but I think someone more qualified to deal with skinny Asian dudes with super powers should take this spot. Any volunteers!?[/quote]

cricket cricket

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Nice to have our own little corner, Now we dont have to sift through the 1000’s of pages of the MMA Hub Thread.

Couple questions:

[/quote]

I do boxing and grappling informally, and train in a traditional Okinawan Karate called Gojuryu, which is far closer to Krav Maga than it is to any “sport” thing.

Boxing.

Ricky Hatton
Micky Ward
Muhammud Ali
Kelly Pavlik
Jermaine Taylor
BHop
RJJ
Pac Man
Joe Frazier
Rocky Marciano, Graziano
Jake LaMotta

I hate watching MMA, but if I had to pick a favorite it’d be GSP because he started in Kyokushin karate, and that’s overwhelmingly similar to the style I practice, and the creator was (I think) an 8th dan in Gojuryu.

I’ll never read any of your profiles, and I have an inherent hatred of personalized logs. I like the MMA training hub because it’s a centralized place to post stuff, and then I can compare it to other people’s… and it’s REALLY fucking easy to weed out the people that don’t know what they’re doing or don’t try.

I don’t want to see this forum become horsefucked with a bunch of threads that all say, “YYOooOOO Ize jus startted MMA i fuked Up maD PeOPPL oN SaTuday”

I’ll be posting my workouts on the Training hub.

Based off of Waterbury’s TTT. One strength day, one endurance day made up of complexes, and one day of all plyometrics.