T Nation

Combat Effective Martial Arts

Anyone here into them?

If by effective you mean Aikido, then no, I am not into them.

This is awesome though:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=BKt31E1PTEY

There you go!

i can swing an M-16 around and smash peoples faces with it.
while screaming very loudly.
oh, i can shoot with it too. from a hundred metres away.

that count?

kick to thge nuts fish hook in the mouth? Pretty effective

I am popping my popcorn…

Describe for me “combat effective”

[quote]dasboi wrote:

that count?[/quote]

lol but if you were to carry an M16 in Singapore publicly the Police would likely shoot your arse to death.

[quote]Shire wrote:
dasboi wrote:

that count?

lol but if you were to carry an M16 in Singapore publicly the Police would likely shoot your arse to death.
[/quote]

Unless he is the police of course.

As for me, my combat fighting strategy is kick 'em in the balls, gouged their eyes, and run away.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Shire wrote:
dasboi wrote:

Unless he is the police of course.
[/quote]

You got me there.

You know, Scotland has it’s own martial art…It’s called fu’ que! It’s mostly just headbutting and then kicking people on the ground…

[quote]boatguy wrote:
You know, Scotland has it’s own martial art…It’s called fu’ que! It’s mostly just headbutting and then kicking people on the ground…[/quote]

It’s got nothing on Cedric The Entertainer’s “N!@@a Please!”

[quote]boatguy wrote:
You know, Scotland has it’s own martial art…It’s called fu’ que! It’s mostly just headbutting and then kicking people on the ground…[/quote]

Man when I was in Glasgow city centre on a friday night there were fights going on left and right when the Pubs closed for the night.

Fu’ que indeed.

Oh yea they call it “gyro weekend” there, you see when they get there social security payments they go out on the Piss for half the week. The rest of the week they are so broke though. Not that i’m saying that all Scot’s are trashy people just the guys I encountered that night!

No I don’t mean Aikido, but it’s pretty obvious no one here knows what combat effective means, so nevermind.

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
No I don’t mean Aikido, but it’s pretty obvious no one here knows what combat effective means, so nevermind.[/quote]

There are people here who know what “combat effective” means. It’s just that the topic has been brought up a zillion times before, so the majority of replies you’re going to get won’t be serious.

Do a search for “martial art”, “combat”, “fighting” or other related words and you’re sure to find some threads where it’s been addressed.

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
No I don’t mean Aikido, but it’s pretty obvious no one here knows what combat effective means, so nevermind.[/quote]

You just didn’t elaborate enough as what is “combat effective” for you. Are you a soldier?? a cop? a corrections officer? gas station clerk?

The question is combat effective for what??

For me just learning to be aware of the people and environment around you…asking myself “what if?” constantly to avoid situations. But if not…(disclaimer:what works for me,my profession)…I studied Combat Hapkido for 11yrs…learned how to shotgun in close quarters,defensive handgun and knife training,boxing,judo,etc. For most part…learn how to find an escape…and run. Most of time its not gonna be worth the risk…

THE CORRECT ANSWER TO THIS THREAD IS GUN KATA

aka Gun Sau , aka Juu Kun Do (Way of the Gun).

Despite it being pretty obvious to you, please explain the question. Do you mean WW2-era combatives or some such thing?

The effectiveness comes down to who is doing the “art” not the “art” itself.

or italian martial arts… its got kicking and punching and shit but its 12 of your cousins that are holding the guy on the ground for you.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
THE CORRECT ANSWER TO THIS THREAD IS GUN KATA

aka Gun Sau , aka Juu Kun Do (Way of the Gun).

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen.

I’m renting this movie tonight!