Colucci Still Lifts

Hey man, I really appreciate you popping in here. I don’t get to post much in other folks’ training logs, but I’m really glad to see you’re making the best of the post-surgery time. Not that there was any doubt on that.

1 Like

Pretty sure we were talking in my log last year about the same kind of bi-polar (no pun intended) weather. But no worries, climate change isn’t real because snow did fall from the sky at some point. Geez.

Wednesday’s food/training:

8:45 - Half a Spike Energy (finally got some Strawberry Lemonade), nursed the rest until 11ish.

9:00 training - 25-minute bike, moderate pace. (Program calls for “15-20 minutes of medium intensity jogging or GPP” on non-lifting days. Increased time a bit to help offset the relatively easier biking)

10:00 - 4 eggs, much broccoli; small bowl of pineapple (no cayenne. The phase has passed)

3:00 - 2 scoops Metabolic Drive in water, cinnamon

5:30 - Indigo-3G
6:00 - Chicken thighs with balsamic; Swiss chard with shallots

9:00 - 2 scoops Mag-10

Food entries are boring, but necessary. As an apology, here’s a throwback video that’ll bring some of us back to junior high:

2 Likes

No where near as extreme, but in Georgia it was 13 degrees last week, and yesterday it was 64.

When I grow up, I want to be Jusup Wilkosz.

2 Likes

Tuesday’s training:
A1) BTN Press 2x5, 2x3, 2x2, 1x1
A2) NG chin 5xAlmost-AMRAP (1-2 in the tank)

B) Lateral raise 3x15-20

C1) 2-dumbbell curl 3x8-10
C2) Alt. Hammer curl 3xAlmost-AMRAP (same weight as C1)

D) Reverse crunch 8x8

30 minute bike

Fell out of momentum with training around the last week of January. The two-a-days were nice while they lasted, but somehow they ended up being equally as convenient as they were inconvenient. Short, focused sessions are awesome, but the feeling of “having to train twice a day or else the program’s screwed up” gets draining after a bit.

Training on autopilot and winging things for a week or two (and only a week or two), then buckling down to drive home some real progress.

1 Like

Wednesday’s morning weight: 209.8

Tuesday’s food:

9:00 - protein pancake (2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 eggs, 2 Tbsp flour, 1 handful frozen thawed blueberries, 1tsp cinnamon, splash of milk); small coffee with stevia; small grapefruit that I bought because I swear-swear-swear the bag said oranges

2:30 - Indigo-3G
3:00 - 1 scoop Plazma, 5g creatine
3:30 training - 1 scoop Plazma

6:00 - Chicken chili (diced grilled chicken breast, black beans, kidney beans, corn, salsa), 2Tbsp sour cream

1 Like

So, yep, this is still a thing. I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve been just crushing this main-T-nance challenge. That’s… that’s what we’re doing, right? Hmph.

Kinda let up on the throttle a bit and floundered a bit. Comes back to the idea that I keep forgetting/overlooking that I just do best when I outsource the plan instead of winging it myself. But I’ve been correcting course and not feeling extremely terrible with where I’m at, bodyweight notwithstanding.

Tuesday’s training:

60-minute morning bike. Easy-ish/break-a-sweat level using the semi-fasted approach even though I acknowledge that “semi-fasted” is like semi-pregnant. You either are or you aren’t.

Afternoon:
A) Power clean 5x1
B) Semi-sumo deadlift 5,4,3,2,1,5
C1) 1-arm KB front squat 3x6
C2) 1-arm KB press 3x6
C3) Chin-up 6x4-6

Ran the circuit: Left arm squat, left arm press, chins, right arm squat, right arm press, chins, repeated no rest. Not totally sure if I stole it from Dan John, but it felt like a very Dan Johnian finisher.

4 Likes

Wednesday’s morning weight: 211.6

Tuesday’s food:
8:00 - 2 Hot-Rox

8:45 - 2 scoops Mag-10 (during AM bike)

10:00 - 3/4-plate ham, half-plate green beans (Easter leftovers)

7:00 - Copious meat sauce (ground beef, tomato), much kale, about 8 tubes of rigatoni

1 Like

When there’s homemade birthday cake sitting on the counter all day every day, but you’re cutting and high carb day isn’t until tomorrow.

3 Likes

Wednesday’s training:
60-minute morning bike.

The setup. Yes, that’s a clothes drying rack I’m using as a computer stand. Hey man, it works.

Afternoon:
A1) Hammer curl 1 1/2 reps 4x6-8
A2) 2-db kickback 4x12-15

B1) Barbell reverse incline curl 3x8-10
B2) Neutral-grip overhead extension 3x12-15

C1) Concentration curl 2x10-12
C2) 1-arm lying French press 2x15

D) Reverse crunch 8x8

E) Plate walk and load*

*Took every plate on the tree, from the 45s to the 2.5s, carried them 1-2 at a time across the yard and back (about 25 steps each way), loading them onto a racked barbell. Then reverse the process, down and back across the yard and put them back on the tree. Basically Waterbury’s “leg press load”-home edition. Took about 14 minutes total. Wasn’t a killer, but wasn’t anything that’d be called “easy”.

4 Likes

Thursday’s morning weight: 209.8

Wednesday’s food: 8:30 - 2 Hot-Rox
9:00 - 2 scoops Mag-10 (during AM bike)

10:30 - Tuna-egg salad (3 hard-boiled eggs, 1 can tuna, 2Tbsp mayo, diced cucumber, inappropriate amount of sriracha).

2:00 - Indigo-3G
2:30 - 1 scoop Plazma, 5g creatine
3:00 training - 1 scoop Plazma

5:00 - 1 cup ground beef, 1Tbsp BBQ sauce

7:00 - Chicken cacciatore (chicken thighs, peppers, onions, tomatoes)

1 Like

You stayed on that bike for an hour? That’s pretty good going, Colucci. I’d have been lucky to last half of that.

Too cold to ride the bike outside?

A bit of sunshine hasn’t done anyone damage kiddo.

tweet

1 Like

As Australians we both know this to be untrue.

3 Likes

I’ve worked up to it over a while, so it’s not that big a deal. Music helps. In an hour, I can get through, like, 8 full Ramones albums.

For the first week or two going the full clip, I was getting some knee pain kicking in around the 45 minute mark. Finally realized “Adjust the seat height, dummy.” Problem solved.

1 Like

In the winter and early spring, yep. I’m also in the suburbs, so it’d be almost-entirely stop and go, crossing a bunch of streets with no room to pedal non-stop. Not what I’m looking for.

More practically speaking though, I work the whole time I ride, so taking it outdoors isn’t an option.

^ Happening now. 5 weeks left. Yay.

5 Likes

Tuesday’s training:
60-minute morning bike - 20 min. intervals (1 min fast/1min slow), 40 min. steady state. Started this bumped up approach this week, from Clay Hyght.

Afternoon lifting:
A) Flat bench 4x3-5, 1x10-15

B1) Dip 3x8-12
B2) Low incline fly 3x10-15

C1) Lateral raise 4x10-12
C2) Band pull-apart 4x25

D) KB snatch breathing ladder 1-10

1 Like

Wednesday’s morning weight: 207.1

Tuesday’s food:
8:30 - 2 Hot-Rox

8:45 - 2 scoops Mag-10 (half before bike, half after)

10:30 - 4 eggs with Normandy vegetables; small coffee with stevia

6:00 - Cobb salad (boring lettuce, cucumber, tomato, turkey, Swiss, avocado, bacon), apple cider vinegar