Colucci Still Lifts

^ Another one of my favorite bodybuilding pics of all time because, random Mickey Mouse.

Since some folks got their logs off to an early start, I figured I’d toss it up now too. Updates will again likely be somewhat sporadic (because I still work for a living dammit), but if you dudes are in, I’m in.

My T-ransformation 2017 log tracked going from furry/no abs to slightly less furry/abs in the right lighting. Feel like I’m on track for moderately furry/consistent abs this go’round.

7 Likes

Thursday morning weight: 209.4

Haven’t been tracking it regularly, but it’s definitely capped out as high as I’d like to go, so now’s a good time to start thinking about starting to plan to start preparing to buckle down for the challenge. Seven and a half weeks until Day One.

Wednesday’s eating:

Around 9:30am - 4 eggs, 1 cup spinach; everything bagel, 1 Tbsp coconut oil; 1 apple; half-a-bigass coffee (have been cutting down on caffeine after recent check-up), stevia

2:30pm - Indigo-3G
3:00ish - 1 scoop Plazma, 5g creatine
3:30 training - 1 scoop Plazma

6:00 - Homemade chicken enchilada skillet thing: diced skinless chicken breast, black beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, garlic, leeks (didn’t have onions on hand), sour cream, corn tortillas

8:00 - Hibiki on the rocks (You guys from the last thread who suggested Japanese whisky were right. Good stuff)

9:45ish - 2 scoops Mag-10

2 Likes

Wednesday’s training:

A) Ab medley 100 reps total

B) Power clean 5,4,3,2,1,5

C) RDL 3x8-12

D) 1-arm Hammer Strength DY row 3x6-10

E) J-rope pulldown 2x10-15

2 Likes

This is by far my favorite of the Japanese whiskys. Hakushu is a somewhat-distant second.

1 Like

that’s hysterical

You know you can wax that stuff… or nair… or shave :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Just keep the nair north of the equator. So I’ve heard… I totally haven’t tried it for manscaping…

1 Like

have to be very mindful of the clock if treading south of the equator

personal experience says you don’t want to leave it on longer than what the directions say

In this application, more is not better :eyes:

2 Likes

Shave with hair clippers. Best result for time/pain you’ll get.

just fucking be hairy you bunch of metrosexual ladyboys

7 Likes

Hairy is one thing. Sasquatch another. Chris and I fit into Sasquatch territory.

3 Likes

I don’t mind hairy dudes. I say keep a low fade going.

4 Likes

Hey so, uh, this thread is off to a great start.
df04b88ff75bc55d0b6322e17c344884d973f352_hq

Um, I’m training later (bench and front squats) and ate some stuff so far today. Will toss up the deets tomorrow, I find “This is what I did” to be more accurate than “This is what I’m planning to do” because, well, plans can change.

6 Likes

Tuesday’s morning weight: 211.2. Not actually stressing because, while it was a first thing in the morning/empty stomach reading, it wasn’t totally “empty stomach” #Hadn’tBirthedTheFoodBabyYet

Random note going forward: Assume all times are “-ish”… roundabout… give or take a minute or three.

Monday’s food:

9:00 - Baked pancake (2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 Tbsp Bisquick, 2 eggs, splash of milk, 1Tbsp flax seed, 1tsp cinnamon, 1 cup frozen mixed berries [blackberry, raspberry, strawberry], cooked in 2Tbsp butter); small coffee, stevia

12:30 - Felt like a shake. 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 frozen banana

2:30 - Indigo-3G
3:00 - 1 scoop Plazma, 5g creatine
3:15 training - 1 scoop Plazma

6:30 - Taco night: 8 small corn tortillas, 16-20 Tbsp ground beef, half a chicken breast, some salsa, a little sour cream, bit of shredded cheese, much Tabasco

9:30 - 2 scoops Mag-10

1 Like

Monday’s training:

A) Ab medley 100 total reps

B) Flat bench press 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 5

C) Low incline dumbbell flye 3x10-12

D1) Lateral raise 3x10-12
D2) Overhead extension 3x8-10
D3) Barbell curl 3x10-15

E) Front squat 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 5

F) Static lunge 3x8-10

Been following an old school routine from ‘70s powerlifter John Kuc (first powerlifter to squat 900, among other lifting claims to fame). Main key is the countdown set/rep style with that last set of 5 using a weight that’s slightly heavier than the first set of 5. Other than that, it’s the tried-and-true “Do some heavy stuff, then do some bodybuilding stuff” workout. Two days a week of presses and squats, one day based around pulls/back work.

2 Likes

So, I think you guys jinxed me with all that Nair talk. I went to the cardiologist the other day expecting just a standard visit/talk. Ended up getting hooked up with a Holter monitor. I felt like a girl getting surprised with second base in the middle of winter… if I’d known that was on the agenda, I would’ve trimmed up a bit first.

Had to wear it for 24 hours. I was not amused. Came off easier than expected, except for the top chest piece they reinforced with tape.

6 Likes

Tuesday’s morning weight 209.6

Monday’s food:

8:00 - 4 eggs, 2 handfuls Normandy vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot), cooked in 2Tbsp butter, red pepper flakes; 1 cup pineapple, heavily sprinkled with cayenne powder (a recent and weird new craving but it’s good stuff); small coffee, stevia

6:00 - Cobb salad (boring lettuce, sliced turkey, bacon, Swiss cheese, avocado, tomato, cucumber, radish), much apple cider vinegar, a little olive oil; black cherry seltzer

9:00 - 2 scoops Mag-10, 5g creatine

No training, busy running around.

1 Like

Do I see top 2 abs starting to show their face, or is the just a hair-illusion?

This was great.

I’ll be the one to ask the awkward question…are you pregnant?

1 Like

Ha, I’m honestly about 50-50, not sure. I really want to say “yep, without a doubt” but… there’s some doubt. Will find out for sure in a few weeks when I give 'em a light buzz.

That’d be a different doctor’s visit.

(But yeah, the sweet and spicy really is a killer combo.)

2 Likes

MF-ing OUCH!!

1 Like

Aint that the truth… Damn life getting in the way of gym time for me too.

Couple of days and it’ll be over for another month until Christmas and then we can all (those of us that don’t have our home gyms set up yet) fight the droves of “New Years Resolutioners” at the commercial gyms.

Looking good, @Chris_Colucci - damn sour face you have there with the monitor hooked up :laughing:

2 Likes