T Nation

Colorado Springs Gyms

Need to know where the collective group would recommend training in Colorado Springs. As well as reasons why I wouldn’t want to join the YMCA or any of the other preppy boy clubs with the wife and family, not excuses, but solid facts that I could persuede the ol lady as to why it ain’t happening (not interested in working out with distractions ya know).

Thanks for the feedback!

Hey i moved to the spring in dec from hawaii… :frowning: big change.lol when i first got here i looked at some gyms… world’s gym on austin bluffs is a good gym i used that till i built my own. Flex Gym is a hardcore gym that has tires and Strong man equipment out in the back. The sign says a dollar a day… not to bad. What are you coming out here for? and is what type of lifter are you bb’er, pl’er?

Mostly a combination of endurance and size, I play football (flag = speed) and hockey (endurance).

Hel

Especially with a family–the Y is a good place to join.I obviously don’t know the ammenities that this particular Y has to offer, but most have everything you need to lift any type of weights or particular movements.

The added bonus inyour case (you did say family) is the classes/activities available to your kids.
Swimming, judo, karate, basketball, soccer, handball, racquetballetc…etc.

Also depending on ages – my Y offers free daycare while you work out.

There certainly can be negatives, especially if you are looking to workout more hardcore and most generally the music sucks, but no place is going to be perfect. As a side note, my Y accomodates our group from aprox. 1:00-2-2:30 with a music change to more hard rock.

Good luck

[quote]elnino57 wrote:
Hey i moved to the spring in dec from hawaii… :frowning: big change.lol when i first got here i looked at some gyms… world’s gym on austin bluffs is a good gym i used that till i built my own. Flex Gym is a hardcore gym that has tires and Strong man equipment out in the back. The sign says a dollar a day… not to bad. What are you coming out here for? and is what type of lifter are you bb’er, pl’er? [/quote]

Where is Flex Gym at? Do you have an address or phone?

Thanx!

RW