T Nation

Collegiate Nutrition

I’m going to be attending the U of Oregon next fall, and I probably will be living in the dorms for awhile. This presents a problem for me because I am serious about maintaining a very clean diet. I basically live on egg whites, chicken breast, oatmeal, apples, oranges, salad, and olive oil, and I usually consume 2200-2500 cal/day divided between 4-5 meals.

Also, I’m not into things like massive eating, protien bars/shakes, insulin-spiking PWO meals, and consuming different macronutrients at separate meals, etc., and I don’t do cutting and bulking cycles. I just try maintain a constant intake of moderate amounts of P, C, F every 3-5 hours.

Anyway, my question is, HOW will I be able to maintain a regimine like this when I can’t prepare my own meals and I’m stuck with the cafeteria’s menu plan? I don’t know WTF I’m going to do without my egg whites and slow-cooked oatmeal LOL… I don’t wanna poison myself with cafeteria crap-ola. Like I said before, I prefer not to use protien supps, but I guess I would be willing to compromise if that’s the healthiest I can do. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. Hopefull it’s not “get a damn apartment and buy your own fucking grocieries if you’re that compulsive”

Belligerent:
I have been living in Eugene and going to U of O for the past 2 years. You have to try this restaurant called The Jail, it’s an asian restaurant owned by mexicans. For $4.99 you get lot’s and lot’s of rice, Grilled Teriaki Chicken Breast, cabbage and carrots. This might not answer your question, but you should definetly try it sometime. My typical breakfast these days is:

1 scoop LC Vanilla GROW!
2 scoop Chocolate GROW!
2 scoop uncooked Oat Meal

Throw it in a blender with just over 1/2 liter of water, I use a GROW! scoop for the oatmeal. Very cheap and plenty of protein and carbs to get my day started.

Hope you enjoy the University, you better be a flaming liberal if you want to live here. Which is why I am moving to Portland in mid June.

Any questions you have about the city, feel free to ask.

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/schooldays1.ht

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/schooldays2.htm

School days part 1&2 by Steve Berardi, JB’s brother. All about eating and training in college.

Hope these help.
Phill