College Rugby Training

Today:

Same conditioning as above. Felt a lot better today though. Only my right lower leg gave me any problems, and it wasn’t until the last 3 minutes or so. I got in my stride a lot better today too. I never felt like I was in it yesterday, and it affected my performance, but today I felt like I could keep going forever.

Training:

Hurdle jumps 3x3
Box Squats 165x6x2
low incline db bench 3x12
rear delt fly 3x12
lateral raises 3x15
abs/low back 3x15

Box squats felt light as a feather, and I felt like I could’ve done 50 sets. I did the rest of the training a little lighter and slower, and at the top of the rep range, just to switch it up from I’ve been doing the past couple weeks. Felt good.

skimmed through, what div are yall, and what position do you play?

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
skimmed through, what div are yall, and what position do you play?[/quote]

1AA, and usually 2nd row, sometimes flanker.

Training

20 mins conditioning, same as above

This felt 10 times better then my other 2 sessions this week. No lower leg pain and I was in my stride the whole time. Felt like a warmup for the first 18 mins.

Training

Close Grip up to 205x3 PR
Blackburns 2x1 minute
single leg 3x8 20lbs dbs
db row/shrug 3x8-12, up to 70x11
ab circuitx2

Cheap PR since I’ve never gone heavy on Close Grip, but it still counts. Single leg squats went well again, think I might bump up the weight a little next week.

Training

Box squats 3x3
Squat up to 185x5
db bench 3x8-12
rear delt fly 3x12
db lateral raise 3x15
ab wheel/back raise 3x10

Game recap

Due to this weekend’s game being held on St. Pat’s day, a lot of our guys couldn’t play, because a lot of them bounce at bars downtown and had to work. Because of this, I got called up to play an A side game for the first time. I finally got put in the last ten mins of the game, but luckily for me, the game went to overtime so I got to play another 20 mins.

As far as the actual game, we won 31-24 in overtime. The game should have never been that close though. We had at least 3 try opportunities that we should have scored, and 2 other tries that the ref said were no good. As a side note, this was the worst ref I’ve ever played under. All in all, we still got the win, and that’s what matters, and this was a breakthrough game for me. A big milestone and a sign of good things to come. Training tommorow.

Training

Push Press up to 125x5
blackburns 2x1 minute
single leg 3x8, up to 22.5x8
db row/shrug 3x8-12, up to 70x12
ab circuitx2

God my push press sucks. Got to work on this big time.

Training

trap bar deads 315x10
push press 110x10
GHR 3x9,6,6
decline sit ups 3x20,13,10

Recap from this weekend’s games:

We played the number 5 team in the country at home. We knew we had to bring our A game or we would be embarrassed. It was also possibly the last game of the season and we wanted to go out with a bang.

The A side played very well, and put together a full game for the first time in a long time. They lost 29-18, but I was proud of the way they fought.

The B game went better, as we dominated the first half, going up 19-0. They came out hot in the second, scoring 2 quick tries, but we killed their momentum, scored another try, and won 24-14.

It was a good couple of games. I feel like we got our swag back.

We may or may not have one more game this weekend, were still waiting to hear back from the other team, but I should know after tonight’s practice.

Training:

Squat: up to 245x7
Bench: up to 200x7
Chins: 3x 10, 8, 6
Dips: 3x 8

Good training. My chest is sore as hell today from the dips. I suck at them.

training:

trap bar deadlift up to 330x8
push press up to 115x8
GHR 3x 10, 6, 6
decline sit ups 3x 20, 15, 12

Jumps and Sprints

5x3 box jumps
10 yard sprintsx10
20 yard sprintsx5
40 yard sprintsx5

I realized when I finished the box jumps that I’m only 2 notches from maxing out the platform. My plan after I do that is to start doing jumps from sitting on a bench. Hopefully that will give me more time to progress. The sprints went well, they snuck up on me.

Lifting

Push Press up to 110x9
Squats 145,175,205x5
5 chins between every set
Dips 3x12,10,10
curls 3x10
GHR 3x7,7,6
Decline sit ups 3x10 with 10lbs plate behind my head

conditioning

Ran 3 miles in 37:04

Well it turns out I’m in a little bit better shape then I thought. My goal today was just to break 40 mins to give myself a good starting point, so today was a success. I still have a hell of a long way to go though, my goal is under 20 mins before I graduate, but I will enjoy this little victory.

Lifting

Trap Bar Deadlift: 315x10
OH Press: 65,75,85x5
Single Leg: 3x6 with 25lbs dbs
Back Raise: 3x12 holding a 25lbs plate
Decline Situps: 3x20,14,8
Chins/Dips: did 3 sets of each

Great lifting today. I’ve decided instead of doing chins/dips for 10 mins as many as possible, I’m just going to do 3 sets of max reps. I think I can get better work done that way.

Conditioning

Ran 100 yards, then 10 burpees x10

In 22:13

Lifting

Bench
185x10 Tied a PR
*Set of 5 chins between each set

DB rows
40x10
55x10
70x20

Lateral Raise