College Football

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Playoffs. The only remedy. If this season doesn’t prove the need for something better than we have now, nothing will.

OSU vs. LSU?

This will be a season without a real national champion. [/quote]

Who should it be RJ? If you say USC I will burn your house down.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Hawaii - 12-0.

They deserve a shot. Everyone else in the BCS has crapped out at least once. Hawaii is the only one to take care of business every week.

Don’t give me the strength of schedule crap. LSU played a couple of crap teams as did OSU.

Fucking Buckeyes are in. No talent ass clowns if ever there were such a thing. [/quote]

Hawaii was the team with the weakest SOS to make a BCS bowl 137th. they’re decent but I don’t think they deserve a shot.

I know I said OU or LSU above, but I’m changing my mind after thinking about it for two days.

Should’ve put in Hawaii. My God, everyone outside of OSU bit the dirt at least twice, why the hell shouldn’t they put in an unbeaten Hawaii team?

“But we’ll be setting a dangerous precedent by rewarding Hawaii for playing such a weak schedule!”

Yeah, not like rewarding LSU for choking twice on a schedule that wasn’t all that hard. That’s a much better precedent.

For the record:

The infamous 2002 “Luckeyes” had six regular season games decided by 7 or fewer points, and people to this day scream that they weren’t deserving.

The 2007 LSU Tigers had…

six regular season games decided by 7 or fewer points. Yet they went a step further and actually lost two of them.

Yeah, they really “earned” that spot in the Title Game.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Shut your whining.

GO TIGERS!!![/quote]

lol, at least have the grace to be sheepish about falling over backwards into the National Title game, Big.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Playoffs. The only remedy. If this season doesn’t prove the need for something better than we have now, nothing will.

OSU vs. LSU?

This will be a season without a real national champion.

Who should it be RJ? If you say USC I will burn your house down. [/quote]

It’s not that LSU or Ohio State (OSU = Oklahoma State) don’t deserve to be in the title game, it’s the fact that they’re playing in the title game by default. If the season was another week or two longer, there would be 2 totally different teams in the title game.

Also, if the BCS committee is going to place a two loss LSU team in the title game, how are my Sooners, USC, West Virginia, and Virginia Tech any less deserving? All four won their conference, just as LSU did. USC played one of the toughest schedules in the nation while Ohio State played a pathetic (non-conference) schedule.

I just have a hard time believing that Ohio State and LSU are the two best teams.

I won’t even get into the nonsense of a 1-loss Kansas team and a 3-loss Illinois team playing in a BCS Bowl while the team that beat both of them (Missouri) is playing in the Cotton Bowl. This is morbidly stupid and makes no sense.

Dustin

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Shut your whining.

GO TIGERS!!![/quote]

You are the devil. Perhaps a bet thread will be in order later as in the Dallas-Green Bay game… :slight_smile:

…That is all…

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
…That is all…

[/quote]

You’ve made an LSU fan out of me.

One word:

MIZZOURAH!!!

Now that’s a REAL TIGER!

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
rainjack wrote:

OSU vs. LSU?

Who should it be RJ? If you say USC I will burn your house down. [/quote]

There’s no way of knowing who it should be without settling it on the field. Why leave it up to a bunch of talking heads and someone’s computer program? You can make an argument for every team in the top 13 to get a title shot. The fucking Buckeyes get in for absolutely no other reason than no playing for the last 2 weeks.

We need a play off system. Fuck the bowls.

[quote]BodyBldgBabe wrote:
One word:

MIZZOURAH!!!

Now that’s a REAL TIGER![/quote]

As an OU fan, I would like to thank Missouri for allowing OU to win a second time. It was very generous of them.

Dustin,

USC’s schedule included only 3 teams with winning records, and only 1 ranked team. That is hardly one of the toughest schedules in the nation.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
rainjack wrote:

OSU vs. LSU?

Who should it be RJ? If you say USC I will burn your house down.

There’s no way of knowing who it should be without settling it on the field. Why leave it up to a bunch of talking heads and someone’s computer program? You can make an argument for every team in the top 13 to get a title shot. The fucking Buckeyes get in for absolutely no other reason than no playing for the last 2 weeks.

We need a play off system. Fuck the bowls. [/quote]

Playoff system indeed. I thought for sure LSU was out after that discrace of a loss to Arkansas. There are too many damn variables to decide on the teams that play in which bowl. However, this year the slant went my way. I am shocked as much as I am excited.

[quote]bucknut wrote:
Dustin,

USC’s schedule included only 3 teams with winning records, and only 1 ranked team. That is hardly one of the toughest schedules in the nation.[/quote]

You beat me to it, thanks.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
Shut your whining.

GO TIGERS!!!

You are the devil. Perhaps a bet thread will be in order later as in the Dallas-Green Bay game… :)[/quote]

I don’t gamble.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:

GO TIGERS!!![/quote]

Shouldn’t it be GEAUX TIGERS?

I really hope my Sooners can take care of business this year, after that CRAP Fiesta Bowl last year, and we’ve lost our last three BCS Bowl games, time for revenge.

West VA is a good team, and rely on White and Slaton to run the ball and is a run-heavy offense in general, which is good for the Sooners, because our run D is stout. West VA’s O-Line has some holes in it as well, so that will be good for us. Gotta play smart and hard and all the way til the end.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

No problem Big. I realise that the Buckeyes didn’t play the best schedule this year, but they are far from the only team in this category.

[quote]bucknut wrote:
Dustin,

USC’s schedule included only 3 teams with winning records, and only 1 ranked team. That is hardly one of the toughest schedules in the nation.[/quote]

Going into the season, USC had one of the toughest schedules in the nation. The “experts” made a point to mention it all the time. Cal, Oregon, and Arizona State were all ranked in the top 10 during the season. I think Nebraska was even ranked when USC played them.

I can’t blame USC for the collapse of these teams (Cal and Oregon due to injuries).

I’m no USC fan. In fact, I hate them. My point was that they have a legit argument to play in the title game as any other two-loss team.

Dustin

[quote]Dustin wrote:
bucknut wrote:
Dustin,

USC’s schedule included only 3 teams with winning records, and only 1 ranked team. That is hardly one of the toughest schedules in the nation.

Going into the season, USC had one of the toughest schedules in the nation. The “experts” made a point to mention it all the time. Cal, Oregon, and Arizona State were all ranked in the top 10 during the season. I think Nebraska was even ranked when USC played them.

I can’t blame USC for the collapse of these teams (Cal and Oregon due to injuries).

I’m no USC fan. In fact, I hate them. My point was that they have a legit argument to play in the title game as any other two-loss team.

Dustin[/quote]

I don’t think they do. The Pac-10 is on the same level as the WAC. If SoCal has a gripe - Hawaii has an even bigger one.

I don’t know what it is going to take for the talking heads to wake up and realize that the Pac-10 sucks with a capital S.