College Football Top 5

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:
That said, I fucking hate the wildcat.[/quote]

I love the wildcat. Well, I don’t necessarily love the wildcat. I just love coaches that aren’t afraid to try something different. (Yes, I realize the wildcat no longer qualifies as something different and now almost every team runs a play or two each game now, but it took one daring coach to try it first.)

I hate the pussy mentality of NFL coaches. I hate to watch teams like the Browns and Lions lose year after year, but never try anything different. Fuck it, your teams not going anywhere anyway, why not break out the Double Wing and at least give your team a chance.

It’s because if you lose while trying something new and different, it’s the coaches fault. But if you lose when you’re running the same offense as everyone else, well, then it’s the player’s fault. Fuck that scaredy-cat bullshit.

I loved the Run and Shoot (when it was new). I loved Mike Martz as offensive coordinator for the Greatest Show on Turf. I love seeing innovation and balls.

Imagine if Dan Reeves would have had some imagination and some balls and ran a single wing offense when he had Vick, Dunn, and Duckett in the backfield. They would have given opposing defenses fits. They would have averaged 300-400 yards rushing a game. They would have probably won a Superbowl.

Sorry for the rant. I miss coaching football sometimes, and it pisses me off watching the same straight-laced crap every Sunday.

WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE DEBATE HOW TEBOW WILL DO IN THE NFL?!

For God’s sakes, seriously. He’s in college. He’s not even halfway through his final season. He’s one of the best college quarterbacks of all time. Anytime Tebow comes with people I know, it’s the same stupid shit. “He’ll never cut it in the pros!” Cool, but he’s NOT IN THE PROS.

[quote]SSC wrote:

For God’s sakes, seriously. He’s in college. He’s not even halfway through his final season. He’s one of the best college quarterbacks of all time. Anytime Tebow comes with people I know, it’s the same stupid shit. “He’ll never cut it in the pros!” Cool, but he’s NOT IN THE PROS.[/quote]

I know he’s in college still, but he’s gonna suck as a pro. He might as well not even show up to the draft.

[quote]SSC wrote:

For God’s sakes, seriously. He’s in college. He’s not even halfway through his final season. He’s one of the best college quarterbacks of all time. Anytime Tebow comes with people I know, it’s the same stupid shit. “He’ll never cut it in the pros!” Cool, but he’s NOT IN THE PROS.[/quote]

Dude, before the college season even started the experts already had their mock drafts up. Whatever the players are doing during this college season is affecting when and if they get drafted.

bama!!! fucking bama.

roll fucking tide dammit!!!

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
bama!!! fucking bama.

roll fucking tide dammit!!![/quote]

awesome.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
bama!!! fucking bama.

roll fucking tide dammit!!![/quote]

So, all 5 top spots then.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
SSC wrote:

For God’s sakes, seriously. He’s in college. He’s not even halfway through his final season. He’s one of the best college quarterbacks of all time. Anytime Tebow comes with people I know, it’s the same stupid shit. “He’ll never cut it in the pros!” Cool, but he’s NOT IN THE PROS.

Dude, before the college season even started the experts already had their mock drafts up. Whatever the players are doing during this college season is affecting when and if they get drafted.

[/quote]

That’s fine and dandy, but if anyone mentions McCoy, Bradford, or even Tyrod Taylor (lol) the conversation NEVER results the same way as Tebow.

Why does everyone want to drag town Tebow’s future?

Jealousy.

[quote]SSC wrote:

That’s fine and dandy, but if anyone mentions McCoy, Bradford, or even Tyrod Taylor (lol) the conversation NEVER results the same way as Tebow.
[/quote]

If you would take off your Gator tinted glasses, you would see that Bradford and McCoy are great pocket passers that are accurate and have good arm strength.

It’s not his fault, but Tebow runs a spread-option type offense. No one runs that type of offense in the NFL. So while Tebow has improved as a passer since arriving at Florida his offense doesn’t require him to drop back and pass like he would in an NFL game.

He could have a good career in the NFL, it just difficult to project that right now because of the system Tebow is in at Florida.

[quote]
Why does everyone want to drag town Tebow’s future?

Jealousy.[/quote]

Ahh, poor Timmy has people criticizing his ability.

1. Florida
  2. Alabama
  3. Texas
  4. Virginia Tech
  5. LSU

USC should not be in the top 5. LSU lost to the #1 team in the country and beat the team, Washington, that USC lost to. Texas has to face OU this weekend. They better impress or they will drop, but until they loose they should not be below a 1 loss team.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

1. Florida
  2. Alabama
  3. Texas
  4. Virginia Tech
  5. LSU

USC should not be in the top 5. LSU lost to the #1 team in the country and beat the team, Washington, that USC lost to. Texas has to face OU this weekend. They better impress or they will drop, but until they loose they should not be below a 1 loss team.[/quote]

Thank you. USC is NOT a top 5 team this year. And I will laugh my ass of if they lose to Oregon, and don’t think that can’t happen

I think after last night’s stuggle for Boise State to win, they should no longer be in the top 5, especially since they struggled against Tulsa. Oklahoma is ranked #20 and beat Tulsa 45-0, while Boise State beat Tulsa by 7.

If USC can put together a complete game, and not crap out by halftime, they will be more surprising to many.

[quote]101airborne wrote:
Liv92 wrote:
You have Texas at 5?!

Yes, Texas is way overrated in my opinion. I’ve yet to be impressed by them this season.[/quote]

Agreed. McCoy has 10 tds and 6 interceptions. They have no running game. They haven’t played anyone yet.
OU is a 4 point dog, would not surprise