College Football 2012

Starting the year with a BANG!

Looks like TCU is ready to big in the Big 12 (which at one points was referred to as the Dirty Dozen).

Key TCU players caught in drug sting
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/tcu-football-players-among-17-caught-in-drug-sting-021512

Perhaps the most damning statement is this:

"Horn and Johnson scoffed at the Feb. 1 team drug test ordered by Patterson, police said. Brock allegedly told an undercover officer that he failed the surprise test ‘‘for sure,’’ but that it wouldn’t be a problem because there ‘‘would be about 60 people screwed.’’

Horn had looked through the football roster and ‘‘said there were only 20 people that would pass the test on the team,’’ Brock said, according to the warrant.

And six days after the test, Johnson allegedly sold an officer $300 worth of marijuana. Asked about the test, he said: ‘‘What can they do, 82 people failed it.’’

Any ideas where this is going? Does the NCAA have any say in this?

^LOL^

I’m interested to see what happens. Given thats its a private christian school with a small enrollment the administration might be a lot harsher than some others.

Or it could be some kid just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks so maybe he doesnt look like the only loser.

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

I’m interested to see what happens. Given thats its a private christian school with a small enrollment the administration might be a lot harsher than some others.[/quote]

The investigation was started due to complaints from students and parents. I imagine this was well known, if mainly on the down low, within the student body.

How often have you heard of college students complaining about how easy drugs were to get?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Or it could be some kid just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks so maybe he doesnt look like the only loser.[/quote]

87 members of the football team failed the drug test

He would have to have the intestinal capacity of a rhino matched with the arm strength of a gorilla.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Or it could be some kid just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks so maybe he doesnt look like the only loser.[/quote]

He would have to have the intestinal capacity of a rhino matched with the arm strength of a gorilla.[/quote]

So it has been confirmed that 82 failed?
Sorry was multi-tasking and should have read the article. :slight_smile:

Well that totally fucked up.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

He would have to have the intestinal capacity of a rhino matched with the arm strength of a gorilla.[/quote]

So it has been confirmed that 82 failed?
Sorry was multi-tasking and should have read the article. :slight_smile:

Well that totally fucked up. [/quote]
Not sure of it is this or another article, but yeah, it was a team effort.

I wonder how many players were less popular because they did not partake.

Update

5 tested positive, some more with range of error

17 or so separated from university

High level recruit said he did not choose TCU because of all thee drug use.

Those who tested positive are off the team.

Update

Those who tested positive are off the team.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
Update

Those who tested positive are off the team.[/quote]

Was listening to GaC discuss this today while driving. Those numbers weren’t officially reported by TCU, it’s a guy from the Star Telegram writing all this. I suspect those numbers are low. A 5% positive rate out of any random 100 college kids is about as squeaky clean as it gets these days. I have a really hard time believing a football team with 4 drug dealers only had 1 other guy smoking pot.

Playoffs are coming in 2014