College Diet

I’m leaving for college this weekend and in an attempt to avoid the freshman 15, (in fat, if its muscle that’s another story) I’ve sought alternatives to the basic college staples of easy mac and raman noodles and any other insulin spiking, low quality fat and carb slop I could think of. I’ve got the basics such as tuna, sardines, almonds, whole wheat bread, rolled oats, etc., etc. If anybody who has been in this situation has any advice/foods I may have forgotten I would greatly appreciate the tips. Obviously I won’t be eating all of my meals out of my dorm room due to a mandatory meal plan and a host of decently priced eateries so this is mostly for those days when you’ve got a million things to do and little to no time to do them, but as I said before any tips or advice will be gladly appreciated and put to good use.

Where you going to school? Some schools have excellent food with the meal plan and you’ll be completely set.

[quote]absolute3 wrote:
Where you going to school? Some schools have excellent food with the meal plan and you’ll be completely set.[/quote]

Agreed. My university has a SWEET cafeteria that has some large protein source such as pork of beef at every meal, an all you can eat omelet buffet until 10 am, unlimited milk, and I’ve gotten in pretty tight with the cooks and they hook me up pretty good come dinner time with eggs and fresh cuts of beef

If your RA isnt a fag get a skillet. You can make pretty much anything with a skillet and a microwave. Taste may vary.

[quote]tommytoughnuts wrote:

[quote]absolute3 wrote:
Where you going to school? Some schools have excellent food with the meal plan and you’ll be completely set.[/quote]

Agreed. My university has a SWEET cafeteria that has some large protein source such as pork of beef at every meal, an all you can eat omelet buffet until 10 am, unlimited milk, and I’ve gotten in pretty tight with the cooks and they hook me up pretty good come dinner time with eggs and fresh cuts of beef [/quote]

lulz

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]absolute3 wrote:

Agreed. My university has a SWEET cafeteria that has some large protein source such as pork of beef at every meal, an all you can eat omelet buffet until 10 am, unlimited milk, and I’ve gotten in pretty tight with the cooks and they hook me up pretty good come dinner time with eggs and fresh cuts of beef [/quote]

lulz[/quote]

You hatin on Brough? Boy I will set you on fire and then snuff you without even striking a daggum match! :slight_smile:

[quote]absolute3 wrote:

lulz[/quote]

You hatin on Brough? Boy I will set you on fire and then snuff you without even striking a daggum match! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Man i just remember freshman year hating brough. I began to eat at the fraternity house as soon as i began pledging. Ahh Ms Judy’s cooking, now that adds the pounds.

[quote]absolute3 wrote:

… god. My uni has 3 cafeterias and they are all oil and carb fests.

[quote]skank wrote:

[quote]absolute3 wrote:

[/quote]

you dont want to know what tommycookstouchmysoftnuts did for his good food

[quote]skank wrote:

[quote]absolute3 wrote:

[/quote]

you dont want to know what tommycookstouchmysoftnuts did for his good food[/quote]

Never a truer sentence has been spoken.

[quote]skank wrote:

[quote]absolute3 wrote:

[/quote]

you dont want to know what tommycookstouchmysoftnuts did for his good food[/quote]

[/quote]

gross.

hows the new semester goin up on the hill?

[quote]skank wrote:

[quote]absolute3 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

gross.

[/quote]

Ha! I’m messing with you!

Its going pretty swell, classes are the bomb. I get to go camping for a TEST GRADE. I love my major so much. Hows grad school?

[quote]skank wrote:

[quote]absolute3 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

gross.

[/quote]

Ha! I’m messing with you!

Its going pretty swell, classes are the bomb. I get to go camping for a TEST GRADE. I love my major so much. Hows grad school?
[/quote]

law school is brutally busy, but i am enjoyin it

Back on topic:

College Muscle Fuel Plan v.1.0

Compatible with College dorm rooms lacking a kitchen. Fridge required. Workout not included.

1. Buy a grill. George foreman will do, but I prefer my one-sided beast.
  2. Get a rice cooker. Small and cheap, super easy to use. Dump some water in, dump in some rice, press the button. You will wonder why they aren’t in everyones kitchen.
  3. If you don’t have a fridge in your room, you might want to buy a mini-fridge.
  4. Find the cheapest place where you can buy bulk chicken breast and fish, vegetables, ect.
  5. Protein powders and a shaker cup.
  6. Some spices. I think its easiest not to get fancy and just buy one of those like “Fish Spice Medley” and then another for chicken or beef. Some salt and pepper. Done.
  7. Tupperwear. Get a good number of containers for storing your food once it is cooked.

The grill, rice cooker can fit under your bed and are both safe to use indoors. Might be tough if you don’t have a fridge, but will be a good investment.

Try to cook everything for 2-3 days at once. Makes it much easier and saves lots of time. I will bust out the grill and sit there cooking up a few kilos of chicken breast at a time. After the third day it gets a bit dry and loses flavor but its safe to eat for at least 4-5 days. I usually do my vegetables once a day and with a rice cooker its just retarded easy to always have rice on hand.

Hi, I’m also a new freshman this year. I’ve found the perfect nutrition plan.

For breakfast, I have milk, protein powder, orange juice, raisins, greek yogurt, almonds, etc. During the weekend, I buy lots of chicken breasts and bake them. I take them to class to eat them before lunch. For lunch, I come back to my dorm to make fried eggs and oatmeal; takes like 10 minutes. Then I have a little pre-workout meal of protein powder, greek yogurt, and vegetable juice. For dinner, I get salmon or chicken with vegetables at the cafeteria for about $4 to 5 per meal. This stuff is more expensive than what I get at home, but it’s good quality stuff and cheaper and healthier than eating out all the time.