College Basketball Walk On?

Hey guys I have a quick question regarding college basketball.

I go to a junior college as of right now and i plan to transfer starting fall 2009.

I did not play the first of junior colllege. I suffered a very serious ankle injury (dislocation). they will begin practicing september 1st. I have lost a lot of my quickness and strength because of the injury…but i am following one of kelly baggetts programs in the vj bible to get it back up.

My question is…

Lets just say I dont play my first 2 years at a junior college…but then I transfer to a UC…will i be ELIGIBLE to walk in and attempt to play for the team?

anyone?

This is a pretty complex question, and probably beyond the scope of most posters here (including me) but the best thing is to get in touch with the NCAA directly. Here’s the place to go:

NCAA Eligibility Center
Certification Processing
P.O. Box 7136
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7136
877/262-1492 (customer service)
317/223-0799
www.ncaaclearinghouse.net

Also, it might not be a bad idea to contact the school you’re thinking about transferring to, as they might be able to do some legwork for you. Hope this helps a little. Good luck with your athletic career.

absolutely, granted that you never used any eligibility anywhere else.

edit: i say this because where and when could affect it. have you played at all in college before?

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
absolutely, granted that you never used any eligibility anywhere else.

edit: i say this because where and when could affect it. have you played at all in college before?[/quote]

That’s a good point. If you haven’t played college ball at all, then your path just got a heck of a lot simpler.

No I have not because of my injury.

So you guys think I would be eligible to play after my 2 years at junior college?

Yes. Contact your future school’s athletic director and head basketball coach. If you can play, they will find you.

Also realize that you admission requirements (academic wise) will be vastly different from an incoming freshman. You may need an associates of arts degree to get in AND be eligible to participate in sports.